Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the dyno sheet on my latest 4v 5.4. It ran 10.63/129.24 at the modular shootout this weekend.
Al

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great Numbers, and I though only God's motor (an LS1) could make thoes kind of numbers.

LOL!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah man that was a tough drive, a whole 2.5 hours with zero stops.

I'm glad you guys made the treck from VA and FLA.

Just curious Al, but why does the date say Jan 2 1997?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just curious Al, but why does the date say Jan 2 1997?
That may be the date Joe first set up his dyno. All of my sheets from UPR starting almost two years ago have the same date.
me thinks that limiter could be raised. Although the torque is dropping off pretty rapidly.
The limiter is disabled. I was driving on the dyno and really didn't want to beat it up.
Al

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Al's car never fails to impress me more and more....awesome pull man........The track numbers speak for themselves though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice

Al it was nice meeting you at the shootout, That car of yours is damn impressive, definately different. Keep up the good work.

Good luck
Bob Trinanes

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Nice

Bob Trinanes said:
Al it was nice meeting you at the shootout, That car of yours is damn impressive, definately different. Keep up the good work.

Good luck
Bob Trinanes
Don't want to take away from Al's car at all, because it is damn impressive, but Bob, yours is pretty darn impressive too.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Doesn't matter that the torque was dropping off....HP = tq * rpm, and the HP was just peaking when he let off. That sucker has another 600+ useable rpm.

Amazing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It should also be noted, this motor is higher compression than the last 5.4 and those runs at the shootout were on 110 race gas, not street gas...Impressive numbers nonetheless, but the Tymensky's still have the Top Dawg N/A Motor :evil :evil

Jeff

·
Registered
595 Posts
RacerBob....look at the graph closely....the torque scale on the right is different from the HP scale on the left, giving the appearance that the curves cross at 6300. They do not. The torque and HP are the same at 5250 rpm (as they have to be, as you correctly stated).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts