1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
very very nice! That should be an awesome car when you finish. Keep us updated on it's progress.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chad, this project has been dragging on for me - now I think I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. JMS should be taking pics for me during the install, I'll be sure to post them for those who are interested!

Tanguy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Randy! Yes, JMS will be finishing the car for me (minus body work and paint). I feel really good about Chris and the guys he has there at the shop. I only have one glitch and that is Chris likes FAST/Speed Pro and I really want to run the Accel Gen VII. I'm not to big a fan of what I've read about the FAST EDIS and FAST's customer service. It may be that Chris hasn't really taken a close look at the Accel system. Other than that, they'll do it all: fuel, ignition, cooling, electrical, tranny, etc... I can't wait!

Tanguy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Heh, go ahead and get the Accel DFI Gen VII so he can get some practice in before next month when I take my TT car down there for tuning=) That way I'm not the guinie pig(SP).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chassis

Very Nice. Keep us updated.

BTW what type wheels are those? They look sweet.
And who's K-member?

Jeff

·
Registered
71 Posts
If I remember correctly he used a custom AJE K member to work with a mustang 2 rack and willwoods up front, or some form of that setup. not 100% though...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, yes the K-member and strut assemblies are from AJE. I opted for road race bracing in the k-member since the car will see street use as well. The extra bracing only was about 3-4 lbs. The rack mounts are for a '94-'95 so that I could use that particular Flaming River kit. I like it better than the Pinto rack kit and the dimensions worked out perfectly since the '94-'95 bodies are the same as my '97.

Brakes are Wilwood with 12" rotors (cross-drilled and slotted) and 4 piston billet calipers on all four corners. Good thing is they acutally have negative caliper overhang (-.080"). That means no spacers or grinding anywhere for 15" skinnies.

Wheels are Weld Prostar. Bogart kind of left me hanging so I went with the standard. They're cheaper anyways and are more accepted for street use.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've seen some of the installs that come out of JMS - VERY clean, very professional! (ie Casey's car)

I wouldn't worry about the cust. support from FAST, let Chris deal with them...he stands behind his stuff....that's enough for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What type of motor, power adder combo are you considering. I was under the impression - though I have no personal experience with it - that the Accel did'nt work very well with forced induction.

I chose FAST because there is such a wealth of knowledge out there for its use. The GN guys alone make it worthwhile.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
From memory he is running a built 2V with a F1 ATI. I went with the Accel for the same reasons he did, and will be running 2 62-1 hi-fis on my 2V.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you aware of any issues the Accel has regarding its wideband option?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One Percent said:
What type of motor, power adder combo are you considering. I was under the impression - though I have no personal experience with it - that the Accel did'nt work very well with forced induction.

I chose FAST because there is such a wealth of knowledge out there for its use. The GN guys alone make it worthwhile.

Good Luck!!
Here is the motor/blower combo and setup:

Engine:
· Built by Joe Stewart
· 4.6 liter aluminum Explorer/Cobra block (.020" overbore)
· Cobra forged crank
· Manley forged H-beam rods
· JE custom pistons
· Federal Mogul Severe Duty main and rod bearings
· SHM main girdle with custom ARP bolts
· Accufab billet crank trigger
· SHM billet oil pump gears & Cobra oil pump
· Canton Road Race oil pan and windage tray
· SVO 4.6 2V heads (fully ported, valve job, and setup by Heads Up Performance)
· ARP head studs
· Manley custom Severe Duty valves with bronze manganese valve guides
· Pro Power valve springs with titanium retainers
· Sean Hyland Motorsport billet GT cams
· SVO intake (Cobra throttle body mod & fully ported by DTA Racing)
· Accufab single blade Cobra throttle body
· Meziere electric water pump
· Powermaster custom XS Volt racing alternator
· Mark Luton custom racing belt tensioner
· BHJ Dynamics SFI approved 8 rib harmonic damper
· ATI ProCharger F-1 (self-contained)
· ATI ProChager Race Bypass (vent to atmosphere)
· ATI ProCharger 3 core intercooler

·
Registered
15 Posts
:eek:

OMG......You've got your motor AND your rolling chassis???? Chit man, I may end up eatin' my words after all:D J/K buddy. Looks wicked Tonguy. Just remember, I'm only a phone call away! This build has been going down for YEARS, and it's so good to see it finally coming together for you. You're one of the nicest guys in this business and I wish nothing but the most success for you. Now if we can get Barth off his azz and to a track........

Scotty
SHM
:evil

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scott said:
:eek:

OMG......You've got your motor AND your rolling chassis???? Chit man, I may end up eatin' my words after all:D J/K buddy. Looks wicked Tonguy. Just remember, I'm only a phone call away! This build has been going down for YEARS, and it's so good to see it finally coming together for you. You're one of the nicest guys in this business and I wish nothing but the most success for you. Now if we can get Barth off his azz and to a track........

Scotty
SHM
:evil
Thanks Scott, projects like this are all the more worth it when you see it get noticed! Two years is a long time but it takes that long to spend the amount of money I've ended up putting in this thing. I almost fell out of my chair at work last week when I added the receipts up to see where I stand. I'm litterally a couple weeks out of sending it out to JMS to get wrapped up. My only snag now is the new Mcleod bellhousing, I need it ASAP!!

Tanguy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
Hehehehheh....

Hey *** boy.Where did you go Friday??I'll call you tomorrow.

Tim
Well well well. The mouth from the south speaks up again. Don't you have some family member to hit on or something?? I love you Tim;)

Scott.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts