Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do this when you have a window switch from 3000-6000 and a WOT? Is launching off the line on the bottle just right when you pop the clutch and your foot goes to the floor? I have a stock rear end and i will have ~125 shot on with a spec stage 2. Think it will hold? :pee

·
Registered
245 Posts
yes

If you have slicks and track prep is good you should be ok.

·
Registered
245 Posts
launch

You should have revs up around 4000 or so so it won't bog on launch. You may have to adjust launch rpm up or down to combat bog or tire spin. If you still have 3.27 you might need a higher launch.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would try a 3500 launch on spray to see how it hooks. Be on your toes cause your 1-2 shift is gonna come VERY fast w.4.10's!

·
Registered
12 Posts
it'll hold, if you race alot I would make your next mod some axles and maybe an eaton posi also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dunno when i'm on DR i launch the car at 6K and once i feal he car hook then i hit the activation switch ass soon a possible.But on slick:king hold it about 4K with at the staging lane with it activated and then floor it till it gets close 2 red line the just side step the clutch and bam 1.5 60ft here ya come.sure thing will break but i rather have the car break on a 1.5 60/ft than a 1.7 60/ft.I have a few friends that do this on NOS and blower mod motors

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ew

You will blow your differential. I ran a 150hp dry kit for 2 years. Left chunks of the stock differential on the track when I launched it hard in 1st gear on Nitto drag radials once (1.72 60').

·
Registered
802 Posts
2000BlackGT said:
How do you do this when you have a window switch from 3000-6000 and a WOT? Is launching off the line on the bottle just right when you pop the clutch and your foot goes to the floor? I have a stock rear end and i will have ~125 shot on with a spec stage 2. Think it will hold? :pee
You'll have those axles before you know it and then all you'll need is a good diff!

·
Registered
183 Posts
It will hit hard and really is hard on the stock parts. But it will 60' good. Here is what a Cobra vert launches like with 4.56 gears and 26x10" ET drags. This car has a Detroit Locker, Superior 31 spline axles, HPM uppers and lowers and welded axle tubes. But that stuff has survived 140 6000+ rpm launches without even looking like it was used. On the juice with good track prep, I can launch at 6800 rpm and activate the 100 shot with the WOT switch and it works rather well.

I don't have a video of the 1.43 60', but this one is pretty good....

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen0314launch.mpg

Your Stage 2 clutch is marginal for nitrous launches. When it starts smelling, change it out for a Stage 3. They will last 100 runs at least.

Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts