Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G

·
Very interesting info Jim...Thanks! Who knows what dyno to go too......I think I will come up with one that gives another 100 rear wheel horse....seems everyone..including me likes the bigger numbers more than accuracy...and thats wrong...but thats us Americans....bigger more powerful...is better all the time. And you know... Ieeeee Liiike It! :D

Here ya go...maybe we should have a Dyno day at some shop with a Mustang Dyno....then we have something to compared too and get an awesome tune at the same time.

Harry

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like to use a dynojet not becaue of the higher nubmers but because it seems to be the standard. It's easier to compare numbers if the majority use the same equipment. If the Mustang dyno were the norm, I'd go Mustang dyno. Dyno's are just a tuning tool anyway. It's best use is show what a car might be capable of.

·
Registered
140 Posts
just curious....my car made 558 on diablos superflo..what do you think that translates to on a dynojet?? mike

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
bunk22 said:
I like to use a dynojet not becaue of the higher nubmers but because it seems to be the standard. It's easier to compare numbers if the majority use the same equipment.
I agree. I dynoed mine to make sure I didn't have melted cats or someting like that, basically to make sure it was inline with others in stock trim. Since everyone has dynojet numbers, what better way to compare. As you can see in my sig, it did fine, maybe a little low on torque, but not anything to worry about.

·
Registered
85 Posts
mike5876 said:
just curious....my car made 558 on diablos superflo..what do you think that translates to on a dynojet?? mike
Mike, on average, their dyno is about 10% lower than a Dynojet. They tested a stock '02 Trans Am and it made 269 rwhp, when I'm finding they make 300 to 310 stock on a Dynojet.

·
Registered
481 Posts
VNOMSSS said:
Mike, on average, their dyno is about 10% lower than a Dynojet. They tested a stock '02 Trans Am and it made 269 rwhp, when I'm finding they make 300 to 310 stock on a Dynojet.
are you stating that a 305fwhp or possibly 320fwhp (doesnt matter cause you have to get the fan directly into the ram air to get those numbers) is putting down the same at the rear wheels?
That must mean that they are really 330fwhp+- from the factory??
That doesnt seem right to me... however 270rwhp from 305fwhp with 10% drivetrain loss seems right.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
FWIW my old setup made 480rwhp on a Mustang Dyno and ran [email protected] 3400lbs. Other cars on the same dyno made similar numbers Aaron Archer 490rwhp and went 10.30's also Tim Matherly ~480rwhp and went [email protected] the best I can remember. I noticed other cars runing these same times were in the 530-570rwhp range on a dynojet.

Chad

·
Registered
85 Posts
TopRacer said:
are you stating that a 305fwhp or possibly 320fwhp (doesnt matter cause you have to get the fan directly into the ram air to get those numbers) is putting down the same at the rear wheels?
That must mean that they are really 330fwhp+- from the factory??
That doesnt seem right to me... however 270rwhp from 305fwhp with 10% drivetrain loss seems right.
Yes, the LS1's are very underrated, and this has been known since 1997/1998 when they first came out. Normally stock LS1's range between 300 and 310 rwhp (REAR wheel horsepower) from the factory on a Dynojet. The Ram Air on those cars is just a bunch of BS, and is only a "cool air" system. Most go with lids and a true ram air that mounts undernearth anyway, and just bypass the hood portion of it.

On DiabloSport's Superflow, the reported #'s usually show about 5 to 10% less than what the same car on a Dynojet would show.

I'm just telling Mike that on a Dynojet, his power #'s will be showing higher than what they are reporting on DiabloSport's Superflow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts