Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if anybody here has put a Lentech AOD behind a 4V? I'm thinking about doing this swap in my 96 and wanted to know if they will fit with longtubes. If so, which longtubes will work with them? Also, what do you have to cut or modify to make it work? What shifter do you guys use with this tranny? The stock shifter or is there an aftermarket shifter available? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
BlownMystic1 said:
I need to know if anybody here has put a Lentech AOD behind a 4V? I'm thinking about doing this swap in my 96 and wanted to know if they will fit with longtubes. If so, which longtubes will work with them? Also, what do you have to cut or modify to make it work? What shifter do you guys use with this tranny? The stock shifter or is there an aftermarket shifter available? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve, I am running the lentech in my car. the long tube did fit(MAC). The shop was able to make the stock shifter work although it did take a little custom fab of the shifter cable mount on the trans. We decided to go with the manual valve body so the would be no probem with the computer. So far i have had no problems with it except from right away. If you decide to go with one make sure to get the bigger trans pan and hook up a good trans cooler. The only issue i had was installing a trans blanket with the long tubes on. Was too tight and had re-shape the headers and the end. But that was only nessassary to go through tech under 10 sec passes. Any questions send a email.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts