Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home from work today, my Magnaflow cat-back was sitting on the porch
I could use some quick answers on any lessons learned prior to install.

1. I am thinking about going with different clamps, I forget who, but someone referenced a NAPA part # 733-3220 IS it worth it?

2. I know to use some soapy water prior to pulling the hangers out of the gromets.

3. Is there a torc #, or just as tight as I can get them. Any change in crushing the pipes if I put too much of the OLD-MAN strength into it?

Any other lessons learned from you Maggie guys would be helpful.
It looks nice in the box, very nice tips

Are the different brackets worth it? How many of you guys have had them tac welded anyway? Is that the way to go?

Thanks for helping out,
Ken

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Id say use the hangers and clamps that come with the kit. I have heard of the hangers breaking. I'd use the ones that come with the kit. Just get everything snug, I've never went by a certain torque rating. Just get it kinda tight, make sure the tailpipes are straight, then tighten it on up. Fire up the car, listen for exhuast leaks, if you have any, back off the bolts, and retighten.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats on the magnaflow purchase. My magnaflow cat back should be here in a few days.

can't really answer your questions on the napa clamps. are the ones that came with the kit junk?

hopefully someone with more insight can help.

Marlon

·
Registered
4 Posts
My magnaflow cat back went on like a charm no problems at all .I used all the hardware that came with them looked great to me.Just be sure to tighten the set screw very tight at the back when you get the tips lined up.:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outstanding, thanks for the replies. I have decided to go with the clamps they provided, they are not junk.

Thanks again for the help,
Ken

·
Registered
218 Posts
I plan to ask MagnaFlow with regards to torque ratings on the bolts tomorrow...Never can be too perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A friend of mine, with a shop and a lift, put my maggies on for me.

He used all the stuff that came with them.
He cut the hanger for the tips with a cut off wheel, the hangers are tough.

The system, x-pipe W/cats and cat back, sounds great and really perked up the car. :cool:

The wife says it is too loud, so it must be just about right. :D

-Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts