Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have info on the lightning shootout that I think took place on wednesday or is this top secret info.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They are always scared to invite the west coast trucks to these shootouts. Wonder why?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys on the west coast never get to play. At least Fun Ford is going to attempt an event again for you guys. Hopefully you will have a good turnout of people so they will be around next year. May be when we have a race you could come play with us undesided on location .

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea, you guys have a whole slew of events. All we have had is the PSCA series.

There's some fast trucks here. Faster then what the invited to their little shootout, thats for sure, aside from the tuners rigs.

2004 will change their attitudes.:hammer

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why does it have to be a shootout for the West Coast truck to play>??? Come on out to Fords at Englishtown. It is the same track, just 2 and half weeks after the shootout. I didn't get invited either. I will certainly be at that event though! :) -Mat-

·
Registered
352 Posts
To far Mat, way to far to goto Jersey bro.

Thats like us telling you to come out here for FFF Car show or Sema.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If their was a race for lightnings for a purse of let's say $5000 1stplace $3000 2ndplace $1500 3rdplace $500 plus contingency would you come to the midwest or east coast?:eek:f coarse this would be a 16 truck field headsup , pro tree only stock chassis trucks permitted.:evil

·
Registered
128 Posts
A little info for ya.

Bill (HD) ran a couple high 10s(His L has gone 10s before, but this time HE was driving it), Charlie blew a plug, JJ blew a motor, Don ran an LOW 11s, VERY LOW 11s (So close), Steve (SGL) ran Very High 10s, Johnny ran a 10 and a Gen 1 ran a 10 and I had a Ham and Turkey sandwich w/ mayo.

:blob

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info vinnie how is your new engine , have you run it yet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
conleymotorsports said:
thanks for the info vinnie how is your new engine , have you run it yet?
No problem. They did not say that the info could not be posted.

Last year it was more hush, hush.

Actually , my L is @ JDMs today getting the KB, Spacer, 55# injectors, ProM 92 mm and a Dyno tune.
They were putting everything on today. Hope to have it back in a few days so I can get it ready for JDM day and bust out a low 11 (hopefully).

VINNIE

·
Registered
227 Posts
Someone posted pictures of JJ's teardown over on NLOC/LOOM and I haven't seen destruction like that in a long time. She was pretty tore up. Dale

PS....Ham-n-Turkey huh? What kinda bread was it on :evil

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was sitting there with Vinnie eating sandwiches.

Actually, all the racers asked me to work the water box and help them with burnouts, so I did have something to do, but it was no fun just watching. :(

·
Registered
375 Posts
LightningTuner said:
I was sitting there with Vinnie eating sandwiches.

Actually, all the racers asked me to work the water box and help them with burnouts, so I did have something to do, but it was no fun just watching. :(
You should have taken a customers truck and beat it up. :D -Mat-

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also cannot forget that Sal let me hold a Works 140.

Thank you Sal. It is a very nice piece.

:jawdrop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts