Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of adding a 4lb lower into the mix with my 2.80 after I get my xpipe and Catback. When will I need to get some bigger injectors, or do the stockers do a good job for a while??

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I dont think you will have to replace them with the eaton, even swapping out a lower you will be building so muc heat, air density will be low and thus wont require as much fuel as say a KB at the same PSI. Thats just my take on it maybe someone else will chime in.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I would think that anything over 460 rwhp even with the Eaton would benefit with the Larger 55lb injectors.

·
Registered
270 Posts
with 17 psi on the 2.2 and BAP set at 35% (50% is max), we started running out of feul @5800rpm but still made 588rwhp/537rwtq. So I imagine with a BAP/tune you would more than fine.

·
Registered
984 Posts
L3thal 324 said:
OVER TWO YEARS AGO!!! LOL For a second there I was wondering if Broke had gone off the deep end!

Armando
LOL I did a double take on broke's name, just to make sure it was him.. wondering if he went looney on us.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can you data log the injectors in live link to find out where you're at with them? If so what option do I pick?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
No Broke, I don't think you will be okay with your stock injectors! haha, how many pages did you (redfirekbcobra) have to sort through to bring this one to the top?

·
Registered
765 Posts
IM running out of fuel at 5200 rpms and im running a ported eaton, 2.76 and a 4lb lower, also a BAP and mafia : ( time for injectors I guess.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
It's listed a injector duty cycle in live link.
Eric could you noob it up for me a little? I'm in log config. under fuel and I don't see injector DC.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
03YellowVenom said:
IM running out of fuel at 5200 rpms and im running a ported eaton, 2.76 and a 4lb lower, also a BAP and mafia : ( time for injectors I guess.
That seems strange to me since people are running the stock fuel system with a bap and a KB/whipple and seeing over 600rwhp on stock fuel system.

Your sig shows 490+rwhp and I know the eaton eats some more hp to spin than a KB/whipple but I wouldnt think 100hp.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
That seems strange to me since people are running the stock fuel system with a bap and a KB/whipple and seeing over 600rwhp on stock fuel system.

Your sig shows 490+rwhp and I know the eaton eats some more hp to spin than a KB/whipple but I wouldnt think 100hp.
I am running stock injectors and didn't run out of fuel. My tuner thought he would have to go to 55's or 60's but after the tune, we were fine.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Deanpug said:
I am running stock injectors and didn't run out of fuel. My tuner thought he would have to go to 55's or 60's but after the tune, we were fine.
What have you done to your fuel system?

·
Registered
300 Posts
G03SVT said:
What have you done to your fuel system?
I bought the car used with 1800 miles on it and I don't think anything was done to the fuel system other than a BAP. I will have to check the receipts that came with the car, I have them all, to see if the are pump upgrades or not.

·
All boost no bull
606 Posts
broke7 said:
Im thinking of adding a 4lb lower into the mix with my 2.80 after I get my xpipe and Catback. When will I need to get some bigger injectors, or do the stockers do a good job for a while??
I ran a 10.42 with a 2.8/2lb setup on the spray. And that was with the bone stock fuel setup. I'm sure you will be fine.

I thought you had 55lbs and a bap?:blink:

·
All boost no bull
606 Posts
03flamedcobra said:
I ran a 10.42 with a 2.8/2lb setup on the spray. And that was with the bone stock fuel setup. I'm sure you will be fine.

I thought you had 55lbs and a bap?:blink:
I just looked at the date.............. Damn that is some old shiznit..........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts