3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's guys..

Got it!!:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
3 questions

1. Is this going to mess up the ECM or any of the ABS sensors, because the real wheels are going to be rolling and the front won't move? I've had a sour experience after burnouts with the ECM before, that's why I'm asking. All covered under warranty of course, but I don't wanna have the car at the dealer all the time for traction control and ABS lights on.

2. Ok, this may be stupid, but I don't feel like looking around if someone already knows the answer: Where do I punch a hole on the firewall to put the cables through to the engine compartment? On my GT I did it under the glove compartment. Is there an existing hole on these cars?

3. I chose to go from the more advanced question to the most stupid one, so that you guys keep on reading :D : How do I bleed the brakes? I wish I spoke better English :)

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Grorge good point, and you are right. the lite will come on , and the ecm will see the difference in the front and rear. this will throw a code. I dont think it will be a big deal. I will check into it.
nitro

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my 96 Cobra,,I would pull the ABS fuse at the track..

If i didn't pull the fuse even with the Line Lock, the car would creap foward sometimes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pull the fuse, huh? Good idea. I'll try it. Now, can someone at least answer my second question above? Where do you guys put cables through from the ****pit to the engine compartment? I'll find out about the third.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive used my line lock around 50 times over a period of 3 months and havent had a light come on because of it...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I've used my line lock a bunch of times and have never had an ABS light. I used two Hurst roll control units and plumbed them in the perches behind the front struts. That way bleeding the brakes becomes easier.

MJ

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bosko,
Who installed yours?
JW

Bosko said:
Ive used my line lock around 50 times over a period of 3 months and havent had a light come on because of it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me, Myself and I... Me and a friend did it at my house. It took us 2 hours. Could have done it alot faster if I didnt insist on using the tubing bender.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Next time we run into each other I will take a hard look at just what you did if you don't mind.
JW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts