Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one and how many wheels are you locking? I have the front left locked and the Cobra wants to do a donut........Help:confused:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have mine installed per Joe Lynch's instructions, which is really the way Hurst tells you to do it , but with pictures. Sounds like you need to replumb the valve onto port MC1, not LF.

http://www.lx.net/jlynch/line-lock.html
JT

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Yo JT,

On that line-lok install, did you have to only bleed the front brakes when complete or do you have to do all four because the whole ABS unit is affected?? Maybe i didn't read the directions close enough.............

gary

·
Registered
309 Posts
Like JT said, follow the instructions from Joe Lynch's website. Joe has done an excellent job detailing the job, to include parts and pieces needed, tools needed, and photos.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
SVTyballz said:
Yo JT,

On that line-lok install, did you have to only bleed the front brakes when complete or do you have to do all four because the whole ABS unit is affected?? Maybe i didn't read the directions close enough.............

gary
When we did mine, I only bled the front. Mainly because it was three in the morning.

It doesn't seem like the back brakes picked up any air, but they do such little stopping it is hard to tell.

JT

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Cool thanks, the webpage only says "bleed brakes" . Doing all four obviously can't hurt.

gary

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
chillfactor said:
I don't see where it says 1 or 2 wheels.
I'm not sure what your question is?

There are 6 total lines to the brake controller/abs unit, MC1 (Master cylinder front brakes) and MC2 ( master cylinder back brakes) and one line to each brake at the four corners of the car.

The line MC1, is the line between the master cylinder and the brake controller. If you block that line, both front wheels lock.

JT

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dauh................Sorry for being such a dumby. I don't know what I was thinking, but thanks for the clarification.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Anyone interested in doing mine for me,I need mine done before october 6th....I'll drive out to you, all the shops around me are too booked up..I know what shops charge and i'm willing to pay as long as it's done the right way! JAY

·
Registered
863 Posts
BLWN03 said:
Anyone interested in doing mine for me,I need mine done before october 6th....I'll drive out to you, all the shops around me are too booked up..I know what shops charge and i'm willing to pay as long as it's done the right way! JAY
I'd do it for ya ! but I am in Delaware... :) Drop me a PM

For those getting ready to do this. I used a Hurst Roll Control kit and the Metric line Kit. While I was modding I added the Braided Front Lines and the one-man Bleeders. These bleeders make life easy on the purging air process. Also a great article in MM&FF tech section for ABS Linelock install on an 01 GT. I used the exact kit in this article.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0206mmff_roll/

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Jon L :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will have a kit out shortly that will use the Hurst roll control and have all the necessary fittings and lines. This will also have a bracket for the roll control. Should have some more info next week!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dustoff,

what item# for the speed bleeder fits our cobras???

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Dustoff, i ordered all my necessary hardware today....I'll let ya know when it comes in si we can get together....Jay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts