Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Livernois Motorsports is proud to introduce another exciting new product for the Ford 4.6 Modular engine. Livernois custom Ford Modular crankshaft scraper brings a modification once reserved for race only engines to the mainstream and makes it both affordable and easy to install for the home user.

Oil windage and the parasitic losses that go with them are the enemy of any performance or racing engine. The purpose of a crankshaft scraper is to remove this excess oil from the rotating assembly and free up some of that parasitic drag. Crankshaft scrapers have long existed for the more popular engine options such as the SBC and SBF engines. This custom scraper brings those same benefits to the Ford Modular engine. The scraper is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and is CNC machined to exacting specs. The design is custom built around a 3.750 stroke setup and is a perfect fit. The leading edge is designed to shear oil off the rotating components and throw it towards the oil pan and sump. The outside perimeter has return slots machined into it to allow any other oil to return to the pan without getting trapped between the rotating assembly and the scraper.

The scraper is also designed to work in conjunction with our own oil drainback kit. The scraper has reliefs cut into the tray to allow the drainbacks to pass through them into the pan. This allows for a very efficient oil control system when the two pieces are used together in a system. Both the drainback kit and scraper work very well on their own at controlling oil but together as a team they provide the ultimate in oil control for you Ford Modular engine.

The scraper is a simple bolt on installation and requires no tools or modifications. It is designed to be a direct bolt on. The use of a second oil pan gasket is all that is required to install the scraper. When installed the scraper is sandwiched in between two factory ford oil pan gaskets to create a leak free seal. No sealants are required. With the variance in oil pickups between pans there are some pickups that are a bolt on installation while others may require removal or trimming of the tube scraper. This varies from installation to installation though.

For more information or to order online, please visit our website at www.livernoismotorsports.com or call 313-561-5500.

Retail $99.99

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I've sold quite a few since adding it to the website a few days ago.

We do have them on the shelf ready to ship and have all of the dealer pricing worked out for the shops as well.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

·
Registered
71 Posts
+1 what BBR said great prouduct! That would be manatory on any build list imo.

I have a question I was looking at your stroker f-sb builds for the 3v and looks like on for the TS's you list 9.1 cr. What is your opinion on going say around 9.8:1 cr on your f-stroker motors for a ts in genral and as far as holding up over time. Not looking to make crazy power or push a lot of psi. say 17 psi max (650-700rwhp) at the track 14psi on the street?

Just a street car and for some track fun not a track car and the reason I want to go that high on the cr is due to 17 psi max and only 298 c.i's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
+1 what BBR said great prouduct! That would be manatory on any build list imo.

I have a question I was looking at your stroker f-sb builds for the 3v and looks like on for the TS's you list 9.1 cr. What is your opinion on going say around 9.8:1 cr on your f-stroker motors for a ts in genral and as far as holding up over time. Not looking to make crazy power or push a lot of psi. say 17 psi max (650-700rwhp) at the track 14psi on the street?

Just a street car and for some track fun not a track car and the reason I want to go that high on the cr is due to 17 psi max and only 298 c.i's.
We offer two different ratios for the 3 valve. The lower compression ratio or 9.0-1 setup is targeted more at positive displacement blowers as well as turbo setups. The higher compression ratio option of 9.7-1 is targeted more at centrifugal blowers since they need a little more compression to help out down low until the boost comes up. You can substitute ratios though and flip them if you want higher or lower but that was the original intended purpose.

In general though you can get away with running the higher compression without issue if you can keep tabs on your tune and not let it get away from you. What kind of blower/turbo are you running?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
We offer two different ratios for the 3 valve. The lower compression ratio or 9.0-1 setup is targeted more at positive displacement blowers as well as turbo setups. The higher compression ratio option of 9.7-1 is targeted more at centrifugal blowers since they need a little more compression to help out down low until the boost comes up. You can substitute ratios though and flip them if you want higher or lower but that was the original intended purpose.

In general though you can get away with running the higher compression without issue if you can keep tabs on your tune and not let it get away from you. What kind of blower/turbo are you running?

Thanks
Ok thanks for the info I am running a Saleen ts I was manly concerend with running that high of a cr on a ts and what your opinion was per your build and pistons.

·
Registered
615 Posts
So will this help out a stock 4.6 at all?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So will this help out a stock 4.6 at all?
The higher RPM applications benefit more from it based on windage and parasitic losses being higher at high RPM.

Even at speeds of only 3500RPM though there is a lot of oil being thrown around inside the oil pan. The benefits of controlling that oil and removing it from the rotating assembly are still positive even at lower speeds. As RPM increases and the drag from the oil becomes greater the potential power gains from removing that drag do become greater.

I would recommend it for any modular engine. The benefits of reduced windage and better oil control will benefit any engine. Higher horsepower engines that spin more RPM will see bigger gains but even daily driver cars will still realize benefits.

-Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts