Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In January I added the Jdm/Kooks 1 5/8 Long Tubes, I have not done anything to the car since..Just 3 oil changes..I wanted to see how everthing was doing since i never left one of my Stangs alone that long..
I have logged 8200 miles since last time at the dyno..
I had 467rwhp481Rwtqe Std Correction. I redynoed today and she made 472/485..STD and 461/474 SAE..
I knew the car was fine as my Timeslips keep improving from [email protected] to [email protected] ......
AF stayed the same also..Good to know these cars can hold a tune..I never went 8200 miles before on Blower car with out changing plugs..My Mods are:

Mac Catback
JDM/Kook's 1 5/8 Headers
JDM Catted H pipe
Steeda CF Subframes
Steeda Tri Ax Shifter
MGW Handle
Diablo Chip
HBH Wheel Hop kit
3 in. Pulley
Accufab Throttle Body
PHP Cool air Kit
Autometer Lunar Boost Gauge
Raptor Shift Lite
Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors
Denso IT 20's Gapped @ 38

Eric will post dyno sheets ...
Thanks Eric

:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jimmy nice numbers.

Kaufmann's is installing longtubes on mine and doing a before and after dyno. I will let you know how our numbers compare with similar mods.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jim, looks like you have a nice clean tune that is consistant. Nice street car you have.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Jim,

I saw the article about installing the headers on your car in the latest MM&FF. They claim the motor doesn't need to be raised because of the "slip-apart" design...is this true and how difficult do you think this install was?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doubleblack said:
Jim,

I saw the article about installing the headers on your car in the latest MM&FF. They claim the motor doesn't need to be raised because of the "slip-apart" design...is this true and how difficult do you think this install was?
The 2 Tech's @ JDM did the Install in less then 4hrs and that's including taking pic's and coffee break..If you buy the headers <Call there for some Install Instructions from the Guys who do them all the time..

They did not raise motor..

·
Registered
282 Posts
What a testament to these cars! If Jim can go 6 months without any mods, then you know these cars are pretty well set-up right from the start. A few bolt-ons and 485 lbft make for a pretty nice street set-up.

Thanks for the update,

Kevin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Heres Jimmy's Dyno sheet
Eric, I know Jimmy's graph is in the new MM&FF< but could you take the best curve from this one, and place it with his best curve before the last one, or does Jimmy have the dyno pep run files that he could email me?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All my dyno's for the Cobra are in the Computer @ Mustang Magic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts