Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I had posted I would have some pre and post longtube results. Mods are in my sig. The weather was hazy, hot, and humid. All numbers are SAE. I have 2 tunes in my chip. My street tune is a waste. Off the chart pig rich. That is another story. My hot tune should be my street tune as it is safe and looks great a/f wise. The longtubes made really little a/f change. Kinda surprising for me. The car was hot on the pre and post pulls. Not cold so this is real world data. The sound change is priceless as the car took on a deeper note but still relatively quiet.

PRE 1 5/8 QMP longtubes 436.8 rwhp and 448.2 rwtq.

POST 1 5/8 QMP longtubes 446.0 rwhp and 462.8 rwtq.

Looking inside the data I got similar results to Jim V. although I think he stated he changed his pulley too.

The torque average gain between 3000 rpm's and 5000 rpm's was 14.2 rwtq. This is definately noticeable on the street.

The horsepower avg gain between 9-12 rwhp was between 3500 and 5700 rpm's.

Conclusions... Longtubes are not necessary for our cars at mild pulley levels. I knew this already. I got the longtubes for a good price and was really concerned with setting it up for bigger power later. That is the main reason I went with the 3" exhaust. There are gains but not worth the money if you are staying with the eaton and mild pulleys. Dave at Kauffman's pulled my Diablo chip and tuned the car with Autologic and made basically the same numbers I had. I kept the Diablo as the numbers dictated. He did this at his expense and I thank him. My tune is right on for what I have. At this point I think a TB will help me plus some cool weather. Dynoing a hot 03 in hot weather will not yield big hp numbers. If there are questions please ask.

Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the info. My thought is like yours, if you are going with the basic pulley stuff, then the money can be spent elsewhere. If you are planning big power later, then you might as well go with it. I will stick to the stock logs for now.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Mike at our power level there still were gains while useing the 1 5/8 JDM (Kooks) headers.
It will be interesting to see the higher boosted cars results.
In my case the car did run a bit richer with the headers.The small difference from 3.1 to 3.0 brought my AF back exactly to where it was before @ 11.4 out the back door.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Good to hear my car shuld be done some time next weekend. I am anxious to see what I gain with all the boost I am running on the car, and the KB. I will let everyone know how it turns out.:)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Happy Birthday Matt..:D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thanks Jimmy but how did ya know?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Haveight said:
Thanks Jimmy but how did ya know?
Today's Birthdays: javier (21), Haveight (23), LIGHTNINROD (64), Darcsun (27)

:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JT

Brett and I are going to Cecil weds to get him some seat time for the shootout. Weather pending. We will see you there. You going to the shootout?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mike (or JT),
Is it true Cecil is open EVERY Wednesday now??

FWIW, you're right about the HOT weather....
What was the ambient temperatures when you first had it dynoed??

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
rel3rd said:
Mike (or JT),
Is it true Cecil is open EVERY Wednesday now??

FWIW, you're right about the HOT weather....
What was the ambient temperatures when you first had it dynoed??
Last Wednesday they handed out a slip of paper stating that they would be open every Wednesday.

I checked their website but they haven't changed it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bob

They tell me every weds now... not sure about ambient temperature. The intake air temp was 90.6 F with 29.69 barometric pressure. The after long tube pull was 84.9 F with 29.51 barometric pressure. Car had made a pull 3 minutes before the before pull on my street tune. Car made a pull 5 minutes before the after longtube dyno. It was hot...

We were seeing the a/f on the street tune thus the pulls before the hot side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JT said:
Last Wednesday they handed out a slip of paper stating that they would be open every Wednesday.

I checked their website but they haven't changed it.
Yeah, I heard rumors, but didn't see anything on the website. Thanks for the info...

Maybe I'll see you guys there...:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I cant wait to drive this frickin car.Good thing we dont be on dr's or slicks.I am worried about those half shafts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts