Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of a headswap, im still working on getting the stock heads off, but when i install my long tubes, could i just bolt them to the PI heads, and like feed the LTs down there, then set the head down and bolt it in?

·
Registered
492 Posts
It can be done that way, but it can also be very cumbersome. Once the heads is set back in, and gasket lined up, the hard part is over.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I wouldn't do that. Too much chance of damaging something. Install the heads, lift the car, drop the K, put them on and buckle it up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
it can be done. we swapped my motor out with the longtubes on and the tranny attached to the motor. it takes some work, but can be done. just gotta have a couple of jacks around.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would definitely recommend putting the headers on before you install the heads! It would be such a pain to put the heads on and then install the headers, kinda workin' against yourself there. Just be careful puttin' the heads back in w/ the longtubes already on them, I think you'll find it much easier to do that way though...good luck.

SJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts