Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my LT's on for 8k miles..Got one scrape in a car wash otherwise no Problems with un lowered car..

any other expeariances??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Same here Jimmy, just a scratch, but that is my own fault knowing i couldnt make it over a speed bump i still went and did it anyway. Live and learn i guess :)
No problem at all going through the car wash. I thought it would be but i had the guy watch as my car went in and it was fine.
matt
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found another car wash..It was only at one place that it hit..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,611 Posts
Lowered car here. Haven't hit them once. I really don't take any special car that I wouldn't have already taken with the stock ride. For all of those that knock lt's out there, I think they are well worth it! Sound wise, performance wise, asthetics, they have the whole package! I really think they are a must if you are laying down some serious boost with an upper and lower! I had one question though, I dynoed mine after installed pulley and chip and headers and everything at once. Just wondering if anybody lost a little boost with the lt's? Don't know from my experience, just that I can only muster 14 pds here in the rarified mile high air with a 2.8 upper and 4 lb lower! Just wondering!?
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sambandit said:
Lowered car here. Haven't hit them once. I really don't take any special car that I wouldn't have already taken with the stock ride. For all of those that knock lt's out there, I think they are well worth it! Sound wise, performance wise, asthetics, they have the whole package! I really think they are a must if you are laying down some serious boost with an upper and lower! I had one question though, I dynoed mine after installed pulley and chip and headers and everything at once. Just wondering if anybody lost a little boost with the lt's? Don't know from my experience, just that I can only muster 14 pds here in the rarified mile high air with a 2.8 upper and 4 lb lower! Just wondering!?
With just a 310in pulley after adding the Lt's i lost about 1/2 lb boost.
I since changed to 3.00 pulley and got boost back..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
sambandit said:
Lowered car here. Haven't hit them once. I really don't take any special car that I wouldn't have already taken with the stock ride. For all of those that knock lt's out there, I think they are well worth it! Sound wise, performance wise, asthetics, they have the whole package! I really think they are a must if you are laying down some serious boost with an upper and lower! I had one question though, I dynoed mine after installed pulley and chip and headers and everything at once. Just wondering if anybody lost a little boost with the lt's? Don't know from my experience, just that I can only muster 14 pds here in the rarified mile high air with a 2.8 upper and 4 lb lower! Just wondering!?
Damn Sam, I'm hitting about 14lbs now with just the 2.80 upper. I was thinking of going with a 4lb lower. Is it worth it? I also have a full 3" exhaust sytem, 1 3/4" Kooks not installed yet. Is the altitude making that kind of difference? WOW! Living at Sea Level is COOL!.....
 
G

·
Yep...I made 14 pounds with the 2.80 upper and my setup. I highly recommend you going with atleast the 4 lb lower. You know i have the 6 lb lower and it works(alittle over 20 pounds of boost now)...Jim D'Amore is in the tens now too with an Eaton and he has the 2.8 and 6 like a few of us do. And he granny shifts his car...no powershifting from him...he says withthe power he is making...its alot easier on the drivetrain..which is true. Imagine the times if he powershifted just one time down the track to see how things turn out.

Again...go with a lower...and I am sure that 4 lb will wake her up plenty!!

Hot Rod(wish I live in Hawaii)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
Yep...I made 14 pounds with the 2.80 upper and my setup. I highly recommend you going with atleast the 4 lb lower. You know i have the 6 lb lower and it works(alittle over 20 pounds of boost now)...Jim D'Amore is in the tens now too with an Eaton and he has the 2.8 and 6 like a few of us do. And he granny shifts his car...no powershifting from him...he says withthe power he is making...its alot easier on the drivetrain..which is true. Imagine the times if he powershifted just one time down the track to see how things turn out.

Again...go with a lower...and I am sure that 4 lb will wake her up plenty!!

Hot Rod(wish I live in Hawaii)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Harry,JDM whoever put 20lbs through an Eaton:lol
I still think that is Crazy Boost for the Heaton Blower....
ICE baby ICE
 
G

·
Jimmy.....after a run on the Eaton ..that first run is awesome without juice...but if I get on her again right away and hit the juice to cool the air charge down...it really works nice. And its not a big shot at all...just enough. I know the KB's are the way to go...just not in my budget right now buddy.

Shoot...I dont even have longtubes...I just have the mid lengths..so I am the black sheep out there I guess.


Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Yep...I made 14 pounds with the 2.80 upper and my setup. I highly recommend you going with atleast the 4 lb lower. You know i have the 6 lb lower and it works(alittle over 20 pounds of boost now)...Jim D'Amore is in the tens now too with an Eaton and he has the 2.8 and 6 like a few of us do. And he granny shifts his car...no powershifting from him...he says withthe power he is making...its alot easier on the drivetrain..which is true. Imagine the times if he powershifted just one time down the track to see how things turn out.

Again...go with a lower...and I am sure that 4 lb will wake her up plenty!!

Hot Rod(wish I live in Hawaii)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
What kind of power are you putting down now with the "little over 20lbs of boost"? Have you had the car at the track with that setup?

Later
 
G

·
I have never put the car on a dyno ....had her to the track 2 times so far..first time tune was way off and the track stunk..couldnt get on the car barely at all in 2nd or 3rd...12.15 at only 115mph....next time out I went a 11.25 at 125.85 mph(my car seems to like the number 5...all of the times have had alot of 5's..weird...The 60 foot time was a 1.71...not too bad...track was alot better..still didnt powershift...so 10's were possible...got screamed at by E town Tech...he calmed down though and all was fine after that. He thought I was someone else who had been warned to slow it down or else. I have no rollcage..and will never do that to my car. I also have nitrous too which should push me into the 10's abit. But its just a very small shot to cool the air charge down to help that Eaton Supercharger makes some power when she heats up after a round. The runs down the track were all without nitrous.
I dont get to have the car out much to really get use to the car..hopfully in time I will.

A friend of mine ..Henry from north jersey has a couple of Supra's that really rip! I like them alot!
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys both ran 11.2's

Good matchup...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
I have never put the car on a dyno ....had her to the track 2 times so far..first time tune was way off and the track stunk..couldnt get on the car barely at all in 2nd or 3rd...12.15 at only 115mph....next time out I went a 11.25 at 125.85 mph(my car seems to like the number 5...all of the times have had alot of 5's..weird...The 60 foot time was a 1.71...not too bad...track was alot better..still didnt powershift...so 10's were possible...got screamed at by E town Tech...he calmed down though and all was fine after that. He thought I was someone else who had been warned to slow it down or else. I have no rollcage..and will never do that to my car. I also have nitrous too which should push me into the 10's abit. But its just a very small shot to cool the air charge down to help that Eaton Supercharger makes some power when she heats up after a round. The runs down the track were all without nitrous.
I dont get to have the car out much to really get use to the car..hopfully in time I will.

A friend of mine ..Henry from north jersey has a couple of Supra's that really rip! I like them alot!
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Awesome times. I hear you on the roll cage thing...I will NEVER do that to my car either. I can't go to the track to awful much around here...don't want to ruin my welcome for when I REALLY want to make a pass. As far as shifting goes...I don't powershift either. I do shift really fast though. Sounds like you are a very good driver.
What would you estimate it does at the wheels? I know it is only an estimation, but you know more about your car than what I do. I owned a Modular Cobra about 2 and a half years ago...too much money to make it fast and to make the motor hold up, so I sold it and got the Supra. It is nice to see that Ford has at least done their homework in the power area. These Cobras are putting down some very nice numbers and times at the track. I guess the forged pistons really do help...wish I had those in the Cobra I owned.:)

Later
 

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks Impressive...:jawdrop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
you ran 126mph on stock twins (or BPU++whatever) and no nitrous? not flaming but i find that hard to believe unless you had some motor/head work done, or work done to the stock turbos. otherwise that has got to be the fastest mph i have ever seen for a bpu car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Tony

That looks great under the hood... Tony I am friends with
Bob Viscosi. Are you not the quickest Supra on stock twins? I am pretty sure Bob has always been shooting for your mark... He and I had some nice Street runs about 2 weeks ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
fioresvt said:
you ran 126mph on stock twins (or BPU++whatever) and no nitrous? not flaming but i find that hard to believe unless you had some motor/head work done, or work done to the stock turbos. otherwise that has got to be the fastest mph i have ever seen for a bpu car.
Yes, actually it IS the fastest bpu time and trap speed. Actually it is BPU++++ with extensive tuning. A lot of people doubted even with a video, but then I went to the track exactly 7 days later and made sure to get video of the bottle out of the car and backed up my time immediately afterward with fellow Supra witnesses and even a fellow Firebird witness as well.
And before you get to the comment...NO, I don't run secret bottles in my car. I am a firm believer in telling what you have done, but that is because I am not out on the streets trying to hustle for money...I only do it for fun.

Hey BAD PNY,
Is your friend Bob a member of Supraforums? Just wondering if I know him.:)

Later
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top