Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I know John Edwards is using MAC longtubes in his automatic 99 but he isn't running a blower. Another friend of mine down here in Florida at one point in the dyno chart picked up 50RWTQ yes that is 50. Obviously not peak but still it resulted in 3 tenths improvement on his first pass. This was a 96 GT with ported stock heads and an S trim he posts on the corral as Boss96. The only thing is with MACs and automatics is that I believe you have to weld in a new bung for the O2 sensor because the passenger side one is pointed at the bellhousing and it will hit.

Bill

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not a sports car? Well, I never knew that Mustang was its own class of car. Let's see: Sport Ute, Sports sedan, Sport Coupe, Mustang. Nope, doesnt sound right. Mustang falls under the sport class of vehicles. :shootbird

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My car has close to 800rwhp with a automatic in it..You dont think thats fun to drive?250rwhp in an auto might sux,but @ Jims HP level and auto is just fine.;) :shootbird

·
Registered
492 Posts
Im not saying those high powered automatics aint fun to drive. I dont think it would be very fun to drive one with a stick at that level. At an entry level, or maybe a little more power, an automatic in a Stang or anything else thats "Sporty" is boring in my opinion. Knuckles over there flamed me with his
It's not a sports car, it's a Mustang.
Just puttting some water on his thread is all. I guarantee I would'nt even try to drive anything with the power you guys have with a stick shift.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Im not saying those high powered automatics aint fun to drive. I dont think it would be very fun to drive one with a stick at that level. At an entry level, or maybe a little more power, an automatic in a Stang or anything else thats "Sporty" is boring in my opinion. Knuckles over there flamed me with his
It's not a sports car, it's a Mustang.
Just puttting some water on his thread is all. I guarantee I would'nt even try to drive anything with the power you guys have with a stick shift.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I have Mac Long Tubes on my 99GT.. I had them jet hot coated.
They pick up a lot of power.With install of K member it is easy install.
Sports Cars , Sporty Cars, Race Cat that is Streetable. All in the mind......

It's just a Fast azzzz Mustang.

jim v.

·
Registered
492 Posts
NP :D Nothing was meant by anything I originally said. It was just my way of being humorous toward automatics in general. I agree that High powered cars like you mentioned should be classified as Muscle Cars, but the insurance industry simply classifies our type of vehicles as sport coupes. Not trying to be technical or anything, just sticking to my guns with my "Sports Car" classification. It really doesnt matter. It's a Mustang period. Some faster than others. Hope you got your LT's working good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
insurance industry is run by idiots, btw.

·
Registered
692 Posts
When your running 11's you really don't want a stick! Oh and a Mustang is a Muscle Car, not a sports car! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you guys think that I will tear up the Mac's with me being so low with supersports? I want to get the mac's for the price but the hookers for the clearance.

Oh yea first post woohoo!

·
Registered
106 Posts
car?

how about calling them a sports muscle cars. lol oh, by the way, i have mac long tubes on my 4v. got about 8000 miles on em, no prob.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts