Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy does alot of work for local lightning guys here in town. Im helping him with the buildup on his next customers truck. Forged Internal 5.4, ported heads, cam etc and to finish it off a Works140.

We have been discussing a retrofit on the snake, just need different throttle cable, cowl hood, and some minor stuff. I can only dream

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lightning, I guess the bolt pattern is the same for the snakes, it just has a different inlet approach that the 03 snake blowers.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How did that thing find its way up to Alaska>??? I thought there were only a handful out there. That would be bad azz putting it on the snake. Massive power. :shocked -Mat-

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered this blower over a year ago. Now it's going on a customers Lightning. I figure I can wait a few more months before I need one. Here is a link for some more pics.
http://www.alaskamotorsports.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=90844#90844
This blower is wicked. I think I can figure a way to get it on Broke7's cobra. I think I might put it on my Lightning for a day just to feel 20+ pounds of boost.

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
So really all that needs for works to get them on our cars is a different side inlet. jesus dont the know that they would sell alot of them?? what could be so hard about making a inlet

some places just dont like to make money i guess

·
Registered
250 Posts
Its not that they don't want to make money....they make plenty of that....they don't market trash. Simple. Mr Whipple puts out a product that won't fail you and guarranteed to blow the doors off your expectations....and your competition. I understand that along with the blower they may have their own TB available. I have seen on some other Works/Whipple applications their TBs suckin' over 2100cfm. The Accufab is 1600+cfm. With an intake plenum like in the above pic, I wonder if our CAIs will need a little revision too. I think it will be well worth the wait. Bankin my money for now. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts