Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking to a place my father's business (Body Shop) buys Ford parts from. They are the biggest Ford Dealer in Georgia, and just so happen to be an SVT Dealer.

I have had nothing but problems with my 01 since day one. So far the car has had the driver side window motor replaced. Its been taken in for transmission problems on 3 different occasions. 1-2 syncro has been replaced twice. The passenger side airvent does not blow. And for the past year the car has had a horrible lean condition that causes the car to surge. I've had the dealer look at it twice, and they have no idea what the problem is.

I like the car, but the fact is it's a POS. A Lemon even. So I have plans to take it to this big dealership on Monday. I figure I have had enough problems with it, along with the fact that my father buys alot of parts from them. Hopefully they can put me in a new Cobra. :D

Maybe I will be in the "in crowd" soon. I don't wanna stay in the 01, and then the warranty runs out and I'm stuck paying the bill on a car that has been cursed.

If I go with an 03/04 is there anything I should look for when test driving the car, besides the obvious stuff? I may look at the Lightnings too, they are nice. But I am a Mustang guy. I have owned 3 so far. I never made any modifications to the 01 for the fact it has never ran right, I would not risk voiding the warranty on a POS car.

Any comments? Thanks

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
YO ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooohooooo!!!

Just the usual things that everyone talks about here. I have a first run QUD2 and haven't had any of the typical issues. Just lucky I guess. Good luck dude. Get one dem ORANGE ones!!!

gary

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Black! Why BLACK?? Black looks like crap. Or does it.......

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
While black is a personal favorite, I think the Mustang looks great in silver.

Trade the thing already...

·
Registered
438 Posts
If I had to do it over again, I would get the white. I love my black car but did you notice at the Shootout that there weren't any white ones there? Good luck and GO FOR IT!!

Ben

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey!! You didn't mention redfire. If I could figure out how to shrink my pic I would show you how awesome silver powdercoat and redfire look together! Sorry to hear that your current ride has not been working out, but it sounds like your latest experiences are steering you in the right direction. What are friends for.......

·
Registered
481 Posts
Go for it... hopefully Ford has been able to fix everything that some of the first and second run Cobras are having...

P.S. YELLOW! Why? Because everyone looks at you... ;)

Eric - do you have a GF, fiance, or wife? If not, you might get a few more looks in the 03 especially if it is YELLOW... The other night my fiance and I were coming out of the movies and I am watching this girl walk with her boyfriend out to his JEEP and the whole time she is staring at my car... it seemed that she waited to get in the Jeep to give me a complement on the car... :D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
MODCOBRA said:
Didn't have anything to do with the, uh...... not-so-sober ride from Hooters did it??? ;)

Ben
:lol

Yes, one of your more memorable and 'not-so-slick' moments. But apparently, it got the job done. Thank God we got home OK.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
There's no competing with the beauty of black when it's detailed and all lubed up. But maintenance on it is a HORROR SHOW! If someone farts near the car it shows up on the paint.

Let's not forget DSG. It looks pretty evil, especially at night...if you're going for that look. And it sure looks good with that ModularFords.Com window banner.

;)

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
....especially nice with rubber-a-smokin!! :worship Need to get a pic like that of mine! So.....what do ya think, Eric? Are we making it difficult for ya yet?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice pic from ATCO Hammer!!!! :evil So do I dare ask if you got the 10?? hehehehe :hammer :hammer

Eric, go for the 03 or get the 04 in the Mystic, I've seen it in person and the new mystic is badass, somewhat lighter though than the original 96 mystic...Or you can buy this hoopty Lightning from my ass LOL

Jeff

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Thanks fellas. Yeah, the picture looks nice but hardly tells the tale of all the damn trouble I've had with getting the car right. And it's STILL not right!

A picture of me with a beer in my hand better tells the story of how much FUN and how FLAWLESS the 03 Cobra is sometimes!

NOT!!!!!!!

:banghead

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
So do I dare ask if you got the 10?? hehehehe :hammer :hammer

Jeff
I keep dialing 10 but getting a busy signal. Another 11.1 @ 121 in an aborted run. Would have been an EASY 10, but she's not happy up top in 3d and 4th yet.

Back to the drawing board!

gRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
predator said:
Here is something else to ponder...........:D
INDEED!! VERY PRETTY!

Predator, what's those markings on your radiator cover? Doesn't look like John Coletti's autograph (but it should be)!

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
HAMMER said:
There's no competing with the beauty of black when it's detailed and all lubed up. But maintenance on it is a HORROR SHOW! If someone farts near the car it shows up on the paint.

Let's not forget DSG. It looks pretty evil, especially at night...if you're going for that look. And it sure looks good with that ModularFords.Com window banner.

;)
yo hammer, dats a badass pic

gary

1 - 20 of 72 Posts