Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new here, but have been posting over on svtperformance

From now to the end of february I wil lbe picking up items for my 03. I would just like to aks a few ? about the mods I am looking to do.

Pullies
2.75 upper or 2.9 upper and 6lb lower?
Idlers also

Program from any chip makers/tuners and or if it ever gets made a Diablo preditor

maybe a TB and plenum but they are a bit high on the HP per$$$ ratio

Offroad X or Bassini mid lenght headers and there offroad X
Long tubes would be nice but cant seem to find prices on the kooks ones from JDM

Nitrous kit Dry or Wet? it seems a few have used the dry and loved it. what size dry shot can you run with stock injectors I was thinking a 50-65 would be about what I would be looking for in terms of power. I asume you need a flip chip with a dry shot

I read some of the info pete posted on wet kits but was unsure if a wet ket worked ok in the smaller size shot

Any other advice would be great thanks for any help

I am open for any adeas

Thank Jeff

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I would suggest less boost, especially to start, maybe just an upper. I'd go with a 2.9 is no slip.

Have you, or do you intend to go to the track with the car?

Unless you have had a 12 second or faster car in the past, I would get some seat time and try to learn how to drive it stock before jumping right in with a pulley.

A catback is a nice mod, seems to be worth more HP than a mid pipe. Again once you get the hang of it with that combination, you can look for LT's and whatever midpipe fits with the LT's you get.

I wouldn't put the pulley on without a chip or the predator. Not sure about the predator since it is still vaporware to me.

JT

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
JT said:
............................ Not sure about the predator since it is still vaporware to me.

JT
the predator and the works blower. vapormods.

:lol :lol :lol

gary

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice

To date 13.69 at 101 is the fastest I have been in a car in the 1320. it was my 2001 gt had minor bolt on mods 430 gears DR's

best 60ft with it was 1.93

fastest i have been in teh 1320 on a bike is 11.0 @ 132.8

thanks for the info looking forward to more advice

jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, I am also new.

Nice site also... Vector, whre in Toledo are ya.
I live near the UT campus. Nice ride by the way.
Good luck in your modding. I will say that my headers
and high flow cats with te flowmasters sound AWSOME.
peace

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live near the south end near maumee have not seen many 03 cobras around toledo myself

If you interested ill be at parkway plaza fridaynight its just off the trail near south detroit

be nice to hook up with ya to get a chance to check out them headers and what not

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man that is cool. I know what ya mean about cobras in Toledo, scarce.
I just took my cobra to Hensler Racing in Columbus today to have better header gaskts installed. The gaskets that JDM supplied leaked pretty good, so she is gone for a few days. I work tomarrow night but if I get time I will swing by. peace man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts