Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I saw a lightning the other day on my way home from work so i stopped in and took her for a spin...lol. Its an 03 dark shadow grey, no mods as far as i can tell, great shape except a few scratches but nothing major, 55,389 miles...but theyre asking $21,995. It bluebooks at 19,300 in excellent shape but even that seems high. The salesman said theyd definetly move on the price and that it seemed high to him too(i know probably just blowing smoke). I was wondering what a reasonable price for this truck is(been thinking about one for a while and im trying not to make an impulse buy)...?
BTW i live in CT

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

I saw a lightning the other day on my way home from work so i stopped in and took her for a spin...lol. Its an 03 dark shadow grey, no mods as far as i can tell, great shape except a few scratches but nothing major, 55,389 miles...but theyre asking $21,995. It bluebooks at 19,300 in excellent shape but even that seems high. The salesman said theyd definetly move on the price and that it seemed high to him too(i know probably just blowing smoke). I was wondering what a reasonable price for this truck is(been thinking about one for a while and im trying not to make an impulse buy)...?
BTW i live in CT

Thanks for any help
I just paid $20,000 back in October for my 03 with the only mods being a Bassani cat-back exhaust, fiberglass bed cover, BedRug, cold air intake, and C&L inlet pipe. The truck only had 18,000 miles on it and was cherry. It also had new rubber. I would have tried for a lower price, but I was just wanting it so bad. I would certainly not pay over what I paid for mine. I would try working him down to around $19,000 and even $18,000 would be reasonable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my '03 DSG about a year ago for just about 23,000 with just under 33K on the clock..It was modded with a SMALL blower pulley, Toyo Proxes all the way around, intake and exhaust, lowered rear and I believe a shift kit..
But I blew the #3 rod through the block in less than 24 hrs..
The dealership replaced the entire long block and blower..So I got a used truck and a brand new engine !!!
Truck is a blast to drive and handles well for what it is..
Talk down the price to what you'd like..make sure you tell them the 'out-the-door' price..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Seems just a bit high to me, honestly. I got my 99 for $15 grand with 53,000 miles on her, a 4# lower, FTVB (shift kit), Ported blower, JDM Silver bullet full exhaust (tip to tail), Belltech 3/4 drop, painted steps and rails, 20" 99 chrome replicas, blah blah blah...

The good thing about the 03/04 is that they have 8 threads instead of 4 in the heads for the spark plugs. The 99-02 only had 4 and they are more prone to launching the plugs. If you can talk him down to around $19,000 I would get it as long as it comes back with a clean CarFax and clean Oasis report.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That is real high, look around friend. One can pick up most any high Performance vehicle these days for a song and a dance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts