Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Looking for Feedback, Siemens Deka Hi-Imp 55# inj's

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  4sfed 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Now that the injectors are getting out, I was wondering what the people who have them in there cars think about them.

I am most interested in drivability. What are you all seeing.

For those who have them and have dynoed there cars, what kind of HP did you make?

If you used nitrous, was it a wet or dry kit?

Thanks,
Alan

#7 ·
What's the difference between the high and the low impedence injectors? ...besides about a hundred bucks.

#10 ·
SVTyballz said:
the impedence.

LMAO sorry............had to do it.......

gary
:rolleyes: Okay....NEXT!

...actually that WAS funny. :)

#11 ·
Alan, I am using your 55's in all the KB blower cars and the throttle response and power are awesome! The tunes are right on for them. These guys should be listing them in their mod signatures soon.

Thank you for your courtesy and expertise!

Peace,

Pete

#12 ·
A very basic answer as far as the impedence.

The difference in is the coil of the injector. It is the amount of current it take to fire the injector. A low impedence injector can react quicker. This is why the biggest High imp injectors are 50-55#. Anything bigger than that would have a hard time with drivabilty, throttle response, and WOT.

Most all Ford products require a High impedence injector. If you put a low impedence inj in a car that requires high imp injectors, it will usually burn up the inj drivers.

I hope this helps.

#14 ·
Injector Dude said:
A very basic answer as far as the impedence.

The difference in is the coil of the injector. It is the amount of current it take to fire the injector. A low impedence injector can react quicker. This is why the biggest High imp injectors are 50-55#. Anything bigger than that would have a hard time with drivabilty, throttle response, and WOT.

Most all Ford products require a High impedence injector. If you put a low impedence inj in a car that requires high imp injectors, it will usually burn up the inj drivers.

I hope this helps.
EXCELLENT! Thanks for the info. However this leads to another question: would it be worth while for some kind of conversion kit to low impedance 55lb injectors?

#15 ·
Not to go to 55's it wouldnt, the high imp 55's are working out fine. To the best of my knowledge the cheapest low imp inj driver is around $375.

If you needed 72s it would be worth the extra expense.

4sfed said:
EXCELLENT! Thanks for the info. However this leads to another question: would it be worth while for some kind of conversion kit to low impedance 55lb injectors?

#16 ·
Injector Dude said:
Not to go to 55's it wouldnt, the high imp 55's are working out fine. To the best of my knowledge the cheapest low imp inj driver is around $375.

If you needed 72s it would be worth the extra expense.
At that point I think a 2 gallon gas can, poured directly into the port for each cylinder, would be more appropriate. ;-)

Thanks! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.