Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for people who have had the "tick" fixed with the head swap. My car is currently in the shop, and the head has been ordered and was ready to install, now they are telling me my motor was built after the time mentioned in the TSB.

Could the people that have had this swap done tell me the build date of there engines. This can be found on the DS valve cover.

Mine was built in 1/03/03

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From what I remember of the TSB it was all the motors built before 11/01/02 that will have the tick. Someone else was told that all Cobras will tick, but I'm not sure about that, if a TSB has a production cut-off date it usually means thats when they installed the updated part at the assembly line after that date.
I think that they waited on the TSB to find out if the new heads would develop the "tick", when they were satisfied that the tick was fixed with the new heads they announced the TSB. That's been my experience with auto manufactures. I work on BMWs and MINIs and they are all fugged up. They change stuff in the production line all the time without giving the information out to the techs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts