Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Looks great..Keep up the good R&D:D

Still use Gatorback's with these Pulleys??

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Looks great..Keep up the good R&D:D

Still use Gatorback's with these Pulleys??
Jim, you can use either the Gatorback Belt you are presently using or the Gates Micro-V Belt for this application. We have tested both and No Belt Shredding at all, even under wide open throttle, as our maching process to make these works. Hope this helps. ;)

G

·
On vacation here.....figured I would chime in alittle.

I have been one of the testers on this setup and thats how I got over 21 lbs of boost from my 20 previously and keep the boost up to that up to 6000 rpms now! Thats when I shift..its awesome to keep full boost on an Eaton and bang the next gear! It does drop off about 1/2 to 1 pound after 6k rpms.....that is still just awesome! But I choose to shift at 6k rpms and it works awesome! I have tested it with the Gates belt and Terry has tested it with the Goodyear Gatorback. Both belts work! I will try a Gatorback as soon as I can find one!! So if you have an Eaton and want to keep it....go to my www.HotRodHarrys.com website and click on the button that says My 2003 Cobra....all of my mods are listed there and from what vendor/shop I got them from.

I know the KB's are better and more efficient...so dont turn this into one against the other....its for people that want to keep the stock Eaton on their car and have as much fun as possible.

Take it easy gang....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
Terry Do you need the larger idler pulleys or the belt tensioners that are out there to use this new pulley? I sure would like to put my belt cover back on
:blob

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Whether a KB is in my future or not, it's a helluva good time trying to squeeze everything I can from the Eaton. I think this pulley is going to open alot of people's eyes. I KNOW even with a larger lower and 3.0 upper and 100mm idler I'm getting alot of belt slip. I'm gonna dyno this thing next week and the proof will be in the pudding! I'm not expecting much more PEAK tq since I think it does peak before a whole lotta belt slip, but I am expecting 20 pk hp. My car falls of at 5300 rpms and I'm sure it's belt slippage. We'll just have to see what happens!!!!.........

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T3 Cobra said:
Terry Do you need the larger idler pulleys or the belt tensioners that are out there to use this new pulley? I sure would like to put my belt cover back on
T3 Cobra, You can still use the Idler Pulleys to even ensure there will be no belt slippage at wide open throttle. It surely will not hurt to keep them on. ;)

G

·
T3 Cobra said:
I say try it without the extra idlers and see what happens. I have tried so many different setups that it cant hurt to try...especially if you have an extra belt that size to use. It just might work enough to use without an extra idler setup....if not..then its no loss...just put that setup back on. Thats what I would do if I wanted to have that cover back on....but I dont..so I didnt test that . I have too much money in idlers to get rid of them...plus I like the Bling!

Harry

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
I say try it without the extra idlers and see what happens. I have tried so many different setups that it cant hurt to try...especially if you have an extra belt that size to use. It just might work enough to use without an extra idler setup....if not..then its no loss...just put that setup back on. Thats what I would do if I wanted to have that cover back on....but I dont..so I didnt test that . I have too much money in idlers to get rid of them...plus I like the Bling!

Harry
Hot Rod Harry, check this out for your early morning pleasure:

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/products/product_display.asp?product_id=1321

1 - 9 of 9 Posts