Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has always runs 13.5-14psi in 4th gear and now its only running 13psi in 4th gear. This is with the engine warm. Not sure what the problem is, I have swapped belts, and havent changed anything on the combo.

Any recomendations or have any of you experienced anything like this?? Exhaust leak?? belt slip etc?? Someone had mentioned a sticky dump valve or vacuum leak?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back from the garage. Did a couple of things.

Redid plug gap to .035 was @ .039
Reset ECU
Checked for loose or unhooked connections
Switched back to my 740 NAPA belt vs the 745 NAPA
Checked all the boost gage lines too see if it was kinked

Conclusion, boost seems to be back. Or I may of have just misjudged it originally. I think I was seeing all this boost not just on a roll on but on a powershift. I noticed if I powershifted the 3-4 shift I would have about 14-14.5psi. Plus it had just started to drizzle and it was humid, and we all know what weather does. :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I always see more boost when the weather is cooler and not humid, but I am running a Novi 2000 so it is not an apples to apples thing. I still think it affects all blown cars, if you can't breathe as well neither can the car.

What is the August temp like in Alaska?

And with all that low end torque, What are you doing checking for max boost when it is drizzling?

Howard

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey Howard, have ya ever taken that car to the track? Welsome to the site. We used to chat on the (ugh!) Corral.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah,

I remember you from Edison NJ.

No way they are going to let me run this car without a cage.

You can hear the Blower whine and Vortech mini-race loud and clear at tech inspection.

I still love the Corral, this site rocks for 03 Cobras (I will own one as a toy within the next year, leg injury prevents me from using it as a daily driver ), but the Corral kicks butt for 2v blown stangs like mine.

For now it is just a lot of fun surprising unsuspecting Vettes and the like on the street. I have to admit I occasionally canabilize other Stangs, but it's all in fun.

Meanwhile, I still think the heat and humidity is choking down boost for myself and everyone else. I just don't know if it affects roots and twin screw blowers as much as centrifugals???

Howard

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought they still made you go through tech???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts