Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a car here , 03 cobra and it has a loud lifter noise , anyone have this prob. ? or here of others .
comes and goes also.

nitro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Pete,
No expert here, but I've heard some things about out of tolerance lifter bores and such. Is it TTTicking related or something else? Mine has the tick from day one new. Can't hear it under the hood only injector cycling normal noise, I put it on a lift and can hear the metallic ticking near the back of the block on the drivers side where it mates to the tranny. I can really hear it more with my headers. Just my input. No expert here.:cool:

G

·
nitrous pete said:
I have a car here , 03 cobra and it has a loud lifter noise , anyone have this prob. ? or here of others .
comes and goes also.

nitro
I hope its not my Moms 03 Convertible thats there :D

If it is.....start digging your grave now buddy :shocked

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Re: Re: Loud noise in motor ? Lifter

Hot Rod Harry said:
I hope its not my Moms 03 Convertible thats there :D

If it is.....start digging your grave now buddy :shocked

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
How many 03 Cobra's does your family have?:confused:

G

·
We have 3...my dad has a Satin Silver one..I have the Dark Shadow Grey and my Mom has a Black Convertible. And at this time..she is getting a Kennebell put on...along with a few more things too. My mom is 58 years old my dad is 61. So I guess I will be doing this for years to come too. I am 39 almost 40...six kids an ex wife and a wife.

Hopfully that tick on that other 03 Cobra is nothing too major Pete.

Harry
http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/dragrace.mpg
My first attempt at putting a mpg video up on my webpage area.
Main site is www.HotRodHarrys.com
http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/index2003.html is my Cobra

G

·
Thanks guys...it is pretty cool at the moment with the Cobra's. I just wish the saying.....Those that have Cobra's together, stay together.....but my mom and dad are getting divorced after 40 years...(tomorrow May 10 is their Anniversary) ...but hey...life goes on and love them both very much.

Hey Pete...dont forget to let us know how things go with that noise in one of the Cobra's you are working on.

Thanks,
Hot Rod(Life changes faster than Jersey weather)Harry

·
Registered
10 Posts
You might pull the driver side valve cover and look at the #7 and #8 spring seats very closely. My guess is you will see tiny pieces of aluminum missing. They will be spread in your head and occasionaly blocking they oil passages. This would explain why it comes and goes.

I hope I'm wrong though.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is left of my motor #2 -- 99 DOHC motor (normally aspirated)

http://www.v8venom.com/CobraDOHC2.htm

I was actually looking into getting an '03 block and heads -- I thought the '03 heads were actually better than the FR500 heads (more material and run cooler). Am I wrong?

It lasted all of 20 laps before letting go -- even babied at 6,500 rpm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts