Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has them on their 03 and how do u like them?

thanks

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Nice,,, Looks perfect to me..:)

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm running Steeda Competition Fronts, Street/Competition Rears.........1000lb front, 750-850 rears. The car really doesn't ride much worse then stock. In fact I kind of questioned if I really did get Competition springs and not sports. When I lowered my Lightning the ride got a hella lot stiffer. I guess 1" lowering on the Cobra vs 3" on the Lightning has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Steve that is the best stance I have seen on an 03 yet, do they rate the kit as 1-1/2 or what?? Great looking car props to ya!:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not sure but I think they are rated at 1.5 drop front/1 inch rear. Kenny Brown only markets one set of springs for IRS Cobra's as far as I know. Putting just the rear springs in brought the car to just about level. I bought them used off a guy with a 2001 Cobra who hadn't had them on long before he decided to trade in the car. I wanted Kenny Brown springs because the spring rates were the same in the front - 600 lbs, and a little higher then stock for the rear - KB 700 lbs vs 600 lbs stock. So the ride didn't suffer alot (yeah, improving handling is fine but not if you end up chipping your teeth driving over pennies) and the stock Bilstein shocks aren't overmatched by the springs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Steve Snake Dri said:
Kenny Brown Sports. Not much change in ride quality from stock (a bit stiffer but not harsh). Just got them on this past weekend.

Very nice looking ride. I'm getting ready to install the K&R springs. Question for you, did you do the install? If so how difficult and time consuming? Any tips? Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Only suggestion is to get a piece of steel pipe and use it as a spacer on the shaft of the spring compressor center screw. You can find just what you need at a Home Depot or Lowe's. Or you can use a large stack of washers to do the same thing. Also, when compressing the new rear springs for install, take the time to ensure the spring compressor center shaft (and the bolt you tighten or loosen to compress the spring) is centered in the spring. Otherwise when you put the new spring into the seat on the lower IRS arm, you won't be able to put a wrench on the center shaft to loosen the compressor.

Go here:

Joe Lynch Spring Install Instructions

·
Registered
123 Posts
RosSVT said:
Very nice looking ride. I'm getting ready to install the K&R springs. Question for you, did you do the install? If so how difficult and time consuming? Any tips? Thanks
Steve, Great information. Thanks for the link. Looks like I will be doing this soon. I will take some pics along the way. I really appreciate your help on this.

·
Registered
277 Posts
me to.:(

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I wad also wondering if they might have been the 18 inch rims, also did you retain the rubber isolators or not?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kit, 1.5" drop all around. Little stiffer, handles better,
rear is still settling in not quite as level with the front as I'd like
but feels and looks good. Had the alignment checked, still within tolerance. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts