Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A NEW M-6010-A45SC ALUMINUM BLOCK SITTING ON THE SHELF AND A PERSON NEARBY WANTS TO BUY IT. I WAS GOING TO USE FOR A ENGINE BUILD, BUT THAT DAY NEVER CAME. I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH TO TELL THIS GUY A PRICE. IF IT FALLS THRU I AM GOING TO OFFER IT FOR SALE.
DOES ANYONE OF A PRICE FOR IT?

·
Administrator
1965 Superformance 427 Cobra, & 2022 BMW M850
9,477 Posts
The correct block part number for the Aluminator block (which is what I believe you have) is M-6010-A46. The SC postscript was saved for short blocks that were intended to be supercharged. In 2008 FRPP was selling those blocks for $1,350 MSRP. Most dealers would sell them for $1,100 to $1,200. As the Coyote became available, Ford raised the price trying to discourage use of the Modmotor. Today you can usually pick them up in good condition for $600 to $650.

Depending on the buyer and the availability of good used blocks, the block you have might command a $200 to $250 premium over a good used piece. Given how price conscious most enthusiasts are, a good used block at the 600/650 rice point would probably win the buyer's nod.

Ed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The correct block part number for the Aluminator block (which is what I believe you have) is M-6010-A46. The SC postscript was saved for short blocks that were intended to be supercharged. In 2008 FRPP was selling those blocks for $1,350 MSRP. Most dealers would sell them for $1,100 to $1,200. As the Coyote became available, Ford raised the price trying to discourage use of the Modmotor. Today you can usually pick them up in good condition for $600 to $650.

Depending on the buyer and the availability of good used blocks, the block you have might command a $200 to $250 premium over a good used piece. Given how price conscious most enthusiasts are, a good used block at the 600/650 rice point would probably win the buyer's nod.

Ed
The block is a SC bare block and is brand new. Are stating the price for the block is $800 to $900?

·
Administrator
9,477 Posts
I think you are pricing it properly. Before you put it up for sale do some internet searches to see what you dig up in terms of price point — just to validate your decision before putting it on the chopping block. The fair market value for a brand new piece might be higher than $900. That's the beauty of the internet. You can do some pretty quick price checks without a lot of effort.

Ed

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I was lucky enough to stumble across the exact same block for sale 3 years ago. Brand new Aluminator SC block already modified by Ford for use in the 2003-04 Cobra. I paid $1000 shipped for it and that was shipped from Florida to Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'll do the same with you if you're interested or something falls through.
Let me know!
Thanks
Ken

·
Administrator
9,477 Posts
Speaking of internet beauty, Ken has just placed a pricing stake in the ground for you. If your existing buyer falls through, you have another waiting in line.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts