Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the mac cat-back system yet? My buddy has a 93 and he had every fit problem you could have and the quality seemed kinda low. Nothing fit right!! I am not interested in the pro-chamber....just the cat-back. Experiences and comments would be great!

Thanks, Andrew

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I have my Mac Catback on 9 months and over 12k miles...Great sound ,and it makes more power then all the other catbacks .

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
I have the Mac cat-back as well. Very nice system and the install was very easy. Also the fit and finish is great. The flowpath mufflers really make it worth having.

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
justin said:
Does anyone have a sound clip of the Mac system?
Click the link in my sig to my website. Go to the video's section and check out the "Dyno Day" footage. You can hear it there.

Razor.;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I got the full MAC 3inch system back when it first came available. I have an MPEG of it in 2 gears, it's old and low quality 8mm dubbed onto MPEG. It sounds way better in person, too bad I can't get a better sound clip at the moment (#4 piston broke). It's long tube MAC headers with 3 inch collectors, MAC 3 inch off road pro-chamber, and MAC 3inch flowpath catback. - John

Click here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/nx330mustang/MOV00058.MPG

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Razor. That sounds really good. That helps me in making my choice of exhaust. And so far I dont think anyone has seen more power than the MAC on the 03.

·
Registered
90 Posts
will get this week

went to pick up MAC 2.5 CB last night at mustang magic but wouldn't fit in the trunk. i'm going back later this week with my station wagon. i'll install this weekend. jimmy v's car sounds great and he got real nice power out of it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ill let everyone know if i gain anything this weekend after i swap my 2 1/2 for the 3 in Mac system. going to dyno Sat Morn. Im hoping to get a few extra ponies. Jamie

·
Registered
277 Posts
razor, what kind of max boost you see with your setup? Thanks:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry I just watched the video my bad.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have saw several different occasions of the Mac making more power than all the catbacks tested, but you make a good point I never remember them testing the Dynomax system like all the others, actually I only know of a few people that run the Dynomax Catback, it would be interesting to see where the Dynomax stacks up though. I know I wouldnt trade my Mac for any other catback, it sounds wicked with the offroad X and has made the most power in every test I have seen on the 03's , thats the best of both worlds!:)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My car makes 490hp/510 torque with (2.75) upper and all the other bolt on's with 3inch ultra-flow exhaust. It sounds great not to loud. All my torque is made at 3,300 rpm's so I know that the cat-back is awsome. So if there are some guys out there that don't have a cat-back system yet try out dynomax it won't let you down and it sounds awsome.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Envy have you had your car at the track recently , I remember you used to have one of the better running cars for the few bolt ons you had, what is your best et and mph and what was the rundown on the mods at the time! Later ! Trey

1 - 20 of 43 Posts