Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will ASAP! I put down 515hp and 540 lb-ft through the "lil" 2 1/2 in MAC Cat-back. Oh sorry that was w/ a 20 shot sprayed at 4500 rpms. Talk about a wierd Dyno Graph! lol Ill Post results off the spray and on the Spray. be Saturday Morning if the damn exhaust will ever get here! I gotta admit, i have heard Bassani, MagnaFlow, and Flowmasters on 03's and The Mac is by far the LOUDEST!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I ran a 11.56 @121 last sept. with a lightening pulley and all the normal mods. I have to get to the track again now I have t body and intake, 2.75 pulley, boost-a-spark and a new tune Auto-logic. The car should go 11.20s on the nitto's. I have to put a new clutch in the car I'am over pwring it in fourth I can feel it sleep and also see the rpm's go up to fast. I will put a center force in it. There is a guy at the gym I go to with the mac exhaust and it is to loud for my taste I think it takes the class out of the car. good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
they're great, fit nicely. installed in my garage with a tire jackstand and one hand!

sounds great, especially with off-road!

With just the cat-back, off-road H, CAI I dynoed 430/400.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts

Awesome..I guess Mac works!!:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
sure does!

sorry, to be exact the numbers were 428.7 rwhp and 399.3 torque! hehe

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Close enough..A lot of RWHP without pulley...

·
Registered
85 Posts
hell yeah! I've had the 2.8 RR on for about 3 weeks now and can't wait to dyno it again! any guesses?!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Z20_WHAT said:
hell yeah! I've had the 2.8 RR on for about 3 weeks now and can't wait to dyno it again! any guesses?!
470+ with a lot of TQE

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yea Z20 I watched the Dyno vid of your car, it was that that made my decision to go with the 2-1/2 Mac, I went with the offroad X vs the H, mine sounds like yours except its a tad higher pitched! I luv the sound! Be sure to post the results of your dyno with the 2.80, I am interested in knowing what it makes , and get your buddy to get it on vid again! later! Trey

·
Registered
45 Posts
One quick question to add... Does the offroad pipes add a deeper sound? I have only had offroads on my other mustang. I am thinking about going with the catted one for my 03.

·
Registered
85 Posts
umm, it's hard to tell....I believe it is deeper but it's louder and more RASPY....a bit tinny....the only reason it's hard to tell is because with the cats the sound is more muffled and dull so it SEEMS lower but really isn't. my car has a pretty deep rumble "wha wha wha wha whatta whatta wha wha" sounding real deep and strung together....hard to explain. I don't think i have a link to my dyno video anymore but you can hear it real well there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just installed the 3 in MAC! So, If anyone wants my old 2 1/2 Mac cat-back. Its for sale! lol Install wasnt bad at all, just fun gettin the 3 in pipes to mate correctly w/ the BBK x-pipe! I just drove it home from my shop, Alot Deeper! No loss in boost, in fact i think the gauge went up a pound. If anyone w/ the 2 1/2 Mac thought that was loud, listen to the 3 in! It still has yet to "burn" in so it will get even louder! I love it! Nice GROWL at part throttle as your ready to take off! WOT, OMG!!! I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Topracer go to SVT Performance in the Terminator forum and do a search on Z20, it should bring up the post where the link to his dyno vid is!

G

·
justin said:
One quick question to add... Does the offroad pipes add a deeper sound? I have only had offroads on my other mustang. I am thinking about going with the catted one for my 03.
Just seems to make it louder..not really changing the tone. I have no cats...but in time I might go with cats. The Headers are what really smoothed the sound out alot....made it nicer.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and nitrous)
Full Bassani Exhaust

·
Registered
251 Posts
Z20_WHAT said:
they're great, fit nicely. installed in my garage with a tire jackstand and one hand!

sounds great, especially with off-road!

Hey Z20 which h-pipe and CAI do you have? and what did the car dyno baseline stock. Thanks! Sounds Great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
MAC off-road H-pipe 2.5" cat-back, Johnny Lightning Performance CAI!

No base-line #'s, sorry! :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
Z20_WHAT said:
MAC off-road H-pipe 2.5" cat-back, Johnny Lightning Performance CAI!

No base-line #'s, sorry! :(
damn quick response, thanks! No need for a baseline we all know where the '03s are stock neways, so thanks anyways. I'm thinking of ordering a MAC off-road h LTs and the MAC 3" cat back so this threads been a nice help. Set me in the right direction. Now all I need to do is finish up the sale of my car. :shocked

21 - 40 of 43 Posts