Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a MAC Pro Chamber installed on their car? I have the Basssani Cat-back and am Thinking about getting the MAC Pro-Chamber in stead of going with the Bassani catted X-pipe but first I wanted some feedback. I've read at the website below that the MAC puts out 25 RWHP and is dyno proven.
Also is it good to run with no Cats. Obviously the MAC doesnt have any. I probably wouldnt be street legal, let alone pass e-check, lol. Plus I dont need getting pulled over because my exhaust is too loud....although loud exhausts rock! Does anyone else run an exhaust system with no cats and would you recomend it? Thanks I appreciate any info as I am by no means an expert on this matter.

https://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobramac.htm#a

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I tried to put one on and couldn't get it to seal on the drivers side manifold. I sent it back. They do sound good though. You may be able to find a better price at www.modularmadness.com give him a call.

Randy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone recomend any companies that make a great H-pipe for a 2003 cobra, with or without cats. (preferable with :) ). Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
The prochamber is a awesome sound and feels really good.
I am running one and have not been able to recreate Randy's sealing problem. I have several out there on 03's and they are very happy
Don

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We have installed dozens of the X, H or prochambers on the mod motor cars and from 99 and up they will leak on the drivers side unless you replace the studs, the factory studs have a bushing that prevents the flange from pulling up all the way!

·
Registered
82 Posts
bradz2125 said:
Does any one have a MAC Pro Chamber installed on their car? I have the Basssani Cat-back and am Thinking about getting the MAC Pro-Chamber in stead of going with the Bassani catted X-pipe but first I wanted some feedback. I've read at the website below that the MAC puts out 25 RWHP and is dyno proven.
Also is it good to run with no Cats. Obviously the MAC doesnt have any. I probably wouldnt be street legal, let alone pass e-check, lol. Plus I dont need getting pulled over because my exhaust is too loud....although loud exhausts rock! Does anyone else run an exhaust system with no cats and would you recomend it? Thanks I appreciate any info as I am by no means an expert on this matter.

https://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobramac.htm#a
I bought most of my stuff from that place. I don't know where they got their Dyno numbers from, but those numbers didn't translate to my vehicle.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
trey193 said:
We have installed dozens of the X, H or prochambers on the mod motor cars and from 99 and up they will leak on the drivers side unless you replace the studs, the factory studs have a bushing that prevents the flange from pulling up all the way!
Do any of the kits come with studs or is that something you have to buy extra? If extra, do you know what size to get? I was hoping to put on my bassani catted-x and cat back this weekend.

·
Registered
684 Posts
what i did was, when i originally had a VRS off road X pipe, they sell you a slip in flange for the driver's side collector so it will seal on the stock headers. when i bought my MAC Off road H, it did not come with that flange. so i called up VRS and they shipped me on for $10, or you could go to muffler shop andhave them make one for you real fast. a lot easier than changing out the studs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mac Pro Chamber

You can make the Mac pipe, or any other pipe that doesn't seal on the drivers side fit by, widening the holes in the flange. We have done it many times, with no problems. Joe

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yes thats what we did on my wifes GT, one of the first ones we did, just elongated the bolt holes and everything was fine, and on my 03 Cobra UPR sent me the slip and it sealed perfectly as well, all 3 methods will work fine, whether its elongating the holes, buying the slip in, or installing new studs!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
NAPA has the stud kit for the drivers side exhaust manifold. It is not listed under Mustang but is listed under Taurus. About $8.00 for two studs and nuts.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've got a prochamber and I didn't have any installation problems or leaks. The stock studs are still on. The HP gains are real and the sound is music to my ears (maybe not my neighbor's ears). :rockon

·
Registered
57 Posts
The One I Had Leaked And And It Was To Loud.... Like A Nascar I Think The Leak Could Have Been On The Drivers Side.... It Hurt The Low End On My Car. Have You Looked At The Slp Products???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Newbie first post :banana , I just had a MAC off-road x-pipe installed and I have the normal leak(btw thanks for the tips on the fix), but also my Magnflow catback is hanging down significantly lower, and now it scrapes on every little thing. Is this something some of you experienced, or does it need to be adjusted?

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I have a Prochamber on my 99 GT and love it. There will be one on the Cobra soon. A good friend is running the Prochamber/Magnaflow catback and his 03 Cobra and the car sounds friggin awesome!!
It is not obnoxiously loud at idle, but screams at WOT.
Another thing I noticed...the Magnaflow Xpipe droned like crazy on my GT, but the Prochamber does not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yea it does scream at WOT :thumbsup I love the sound, and can still drive it daily without excessive drone. I have no fitment issues. The only drawback lies in it is not stainless steel, but in Texas we don't worry too much about rust.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i just had one installed at Mustang Magic. they did a great job installing it. i have no leaks what so ever and it sounds incredible!!!! :rockon

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a set of studs from local auto parts store. I believe they are 2" long, 10mm w/ 1.5mm thread pitch. I have pics of them too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts