Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered these early this week, went to install them today and they are no where close to fitting my car. I checked the PN on the box vs what the online site said. Just to clalrify, pro dumps dont have tailpipes and the exit underneath the car.

The mufflers arent in the correct position,they hang very low and hit the rearend, the hangers dont match up, etc etc. No where close to fitting. I am calling the vendor t-morow morning and telling them what the deal is and hopefully they will be kind enough to refund my money and pay for shipping back. If they dont work with me I am going to cut them up and have a local shop make them fit.

This is the URL for the product below. Im 100% sure I read the product description correctly.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/as...003071102553639

My bad luck continues...

·
Registered
510 Posts
You should have just gone with some 2 1/2 flow tubes, Dynomax Race Magnum Bullets, and some dumps. That will work with the IRS.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dumps will work, but you have to weld a hanger on the mufflers. If you look underneath the car, there is a location above the back side of the mufflers for a hanger. This location is the same hanger used for the 00 Cobra R. If you fabricate a hanger and install in that location, you can weld it to the muffler and it wont hang so low.

A friend installed Cobra R side pipes and mufflers on his 03, and had to do the same thing. Just look closely above the backside of the mufflers and you will see the hanger mounting bracket. Just need to fabricate the hangers and weld.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think these will work, the piping is too long, and the offset on the mufflers is incorrect.

Even if you could put them in the mufflers wouldnt work correctly and set up in the holes for the original intended mufflers, the pipiing is all messed up

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called the vendor today and they agreed to give me a refund. Although I have to front shipping charges for the return leg since I live in alaska, then I enclose a copy of my shipping charges and they will credit my account.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts