Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pauls good? what size Filter? any Tricks?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Stupid Question but arent the shaker hoods a cold air intake on the Mach's ? If so I would assume a reg K&N for the standard Mustang GT would be best .

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I would think a K&N type filter and air silencer out would be the way to go for horsepower per dollar. That Pauls systems might work abit better with the larger filter and more open air area...but that kind of money for putting a hole in the air cleaner metal body to fit our Shaker air supply hose is crazy. I wont be going that route. To me, its just not worth it. But Pauls does have some sweet suspension setups and tunes for these Mach 1's. I guess with him working close with Ford on the Mach 1 can help out alot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The metal shielding all around is definitely going to be better than the stock plastic air box in protecting the air intake from engine wash....

The giant K&N and substantially larger intake opening is a plus as well...

They are not $300 as advertised on the website...call them...they are $220...

Not cheap, but what is?

I'm happy with mine...I can hear my car breathe better :king

Attachments

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Thanks LB! I know..that price on their site just scared me :shocked

Did you ever do any tests quarter mile wise...with the stock setup and no airsilencer w/ K&N compared to you current setup from Paul's? This stuff wont show up on a dyno...atleast not its full potential.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry Harry, no track tests :( But I could feel a SOTP difference from the standard K&N with silencer removed when I went to the Paul's setup...

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it..Looks great also..If it sounds less restrictive?...It probably is,,,,,,,,,,,:D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
L.B. said:
Sorry Harry, no track tests :( But I could feel a SOTP difference from the standard K&N with silencer removed when I went to the Paul's setup...
Well coming from you...thats good enough for me! :banggears

Looks like that setup will be on my car by the fall then !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
$220 isnt too bad.. hmmm.... maybe PHP stuff isnt so bad.
I dont see how they expect to sell stuff with advertising prices much higher than they actually are?.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Zate said:
$220 isnt too bad.. hmmm.... maybe PHP stuff isnt so bad.
I dont see how they expect to sell stuff with advertising prices much higher than they actually are?.
Hey Zate...I think it's just a thing where the website hasn't been updated...I think we all know shops that do great work with cars and have trouble with email, never mind maintaining a website :rolleyes:

The customer service was great from Paul's...fast shipping, etc..I would definitely do business with them again....

Here is an updated pic with the billet resonator intake plug installed...:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow that looks nice LB.. so far the price has stoped me me dealing with PHP.. that and i REALLy want to see what some of the other places doo..i'd prefer a sealed system that uses the shaker.. hehe

i'll give it till early next year and prolly get oen then..

·
Registered
53 Posts
HotRodHarry said:
hey LB...does Paul's sell that plug too?
Nope...but TJ at [email protected] does :p ...email him...

Great service...$24 plus $4 shipping...polished or machined finish...and he accepts PayPal :D I had mine in just a few days...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Thanks LB!!!

Eric...I was wondering the same thing.....hope someone comes with an answer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
L.B. said:
Nope...but TJ at [email protected] does :p ...email him...

Great service...$24 plus $4 shipping...polished or machined finish...and he accepts PayPal :D I had mine in just a few days...
What u didnt want to post the other pic of the cover either :p
That was the pic i was trying to post :hammer

Sorry Harry....i'll stay out of ur hair :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Poisonous Mods said:
What u didnt want to post the other pic of the cover either :p
That was the pic i was trying to post :hammer

Sorry Harry....i'll stay out of ur hair :D
What? You lost me in this thread..one minute,we're talking about CAI's and the next posting a cover to something? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
HotRodHarry said:
What? You lost me in this thread..one minute,we're talking about CAI's and the next posting a cover to something? :rolleyes:
Damn... Sorry Harry.
Cams got a pic of the Deleted Air Silencer. Its a nice Looking Billet PCS.

Thought he would of shown that off by now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Poisonous Mods said:
Damn... Sorry Harry.
Cams got a pic of the Deleted Air Silencer. Its a nice Looking Billet PCS.

Thought he would of shown that off by now.
I did post it...if you look at my earlier post above...but all it shows now is the image code :mad: Not sure why :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts