Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is the run down, I have a turbocharged '01 GT with a 80mm Lightning maf. Was told before that the maf was pegging and according to my Autotap it is.

It pegs at 5v at around 4300 rpm at 327.8 g/s. I need to know is this the correct flow rate for this meter and whether this is something that could be adjusted in the chip for cars with forced induction? I searched a little and some '03 Cobra guys have logged over 400 g/s on a Autotap.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is Chris Johnson has done the tuning on several cars with the same turbo and meter. I was told that they never seen one peg in this application.

Was hoping to compare Autotap data with another forced induction car with the same meter.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, if I did my math right:

327 g/s = 1211 kg/hr

The stock 80mm L MAF has enough range to support around 1538 kg/hr. The 90mm L / 2003 Cobra is good up to around 1750 kg / hr.

I recently switched out an 80mm L MAF for the 90. I was pegged at 5400 rpm at about 340-ish rwhp. I was able to tune the "MAF / TPS failure" function and tweak the "peak load at sea level" fucntion to control the A/F when the meter pegged. It's not ideal, but it can be done if you have the means. Better solution, just get a MAF with enough range. I'm currently getting 4.7v-4.8v on the MAF voltage, so again, rather close to pegging even with the 90 (this was 400+ rwhp).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts