Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm running a SCT2400 with MAFia. I have it push through setup and have 12" of straight 4" pipe before and after it. This is help keep the range as acurate as possible.

If I got a flange for a 3" pipe and installed it in that could it drive well enough for a 200 mile trip and retune? I know the smaller pipe will effect it's range but since the MAFia is only on 2 I think it would still be enough?

Buying a new maf now is not an option I can entertain right now because I'm broke untill next tax return lol.

·
Registered
205 Posts
dont beat on it...

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
What do you mean push though? You have 4" piping before the TB with the MAF installed, and want to put that MAF in a 3" setup on the flange. You probably won't have enough range in the 3" pipe with the power your making. If your current setup isn't broke, why change it. The only change I would do would be to get the HPX MAF, but thats not your option right now. But at the same time, a 4" blow though setup isn't all the accurate either, fine in the higher RPMS, but down low, the velocity of the air is almost too slow. I am surpised you don't have any drivablity issues.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean push though? You have 4" piping before the TB with the MAF installed, and want to put that MAF in a 3" setup on the flange. You probably won't have enough range in the 3" pipe with the power your making. If your current setup isn't broke, why change it. The only change I would do would be to get the HPX MAF, but thats not your option right now. But at the same time, a 4" blow though setup isn't all the accurate either, fine in the higher RPMS, but down low, the velocity of the air is almost too slow. I am surpised you don't have any drivablity issues.
Well with the mafia I should have enough range in a 3" pipe. It's 3" from the head unit tpabout 2' before the throttle bodt the was going down to 3" to be the same size as the 75mm TB.

I just wanted 3" all the way to the TB. But since I going to a TFS intake and a oval TB that's 4.5" I will just keep it as is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts