Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on these. I currently have the MAFterBurner but have not tried installing it yet but I've been studying the instructions to familiarize myself with it before I begin cutting any wires.

the pro-m MAFtuner looks alot simpler to install (if using the plug in harness). I don't think it offers all of the features of the MAFterbuner but all I really need to be able to do is adjust the A/F mix to be mid to upper 11:1 ratio.

Looking for any advice or tips on the install process for either product. Also would be interested on the tune process. After reading the instructions on the MAFterburner it is still a little fuzzy to me on how to do it. Do I plug in the laptop to the module and attempt to tune while traveling down the freeway? Do I go to a dyno and tune it while it is on the machine durring the pull? or do the pull then use the laptop to adjust the levels, then pull again to see how it does, etc... a complete detailed walkthrough of the tuning process would be great

THanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, I've just read that ZONE-5 actually recommends the Afterburner over the MAFterburner for the 03 Cobra. It wasn't clear to me why though. they seem to do basically the same thing by leaning or richening the a/f mix. Can anyone explain the differences about these.

Also, still looking for tips or advice on tuning the MAFterbunrer . I'm going to wire it up this weekend.

THanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have both and find that they both work very well and are very easy to use. if i had a choice between the 2 maftuner or mafterburner i would go with the mafterburner just on Mark's customer service alone.

Have you been to the web site for the afterburner and mafterburner? I would try and answer your questions but Mark would be alot better at it.

Jason

btw: i mean i have both of zone-5's products

1 - 3 of 3 Posts