Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you here may know, I am installing a solid axle in my Cobra. So, I figured the easiest way to change the exhaust was just to purchase the GT pipes from Magnaflow, since the Cobra and GT are different, and I have the Magnaflow cat-back system on my car now.

What a surprise. I spoke to both sales and customer support. Guess what? They don't sell the tailpipes seperately. They do not sell replacement parts! If I didn't want to buy the entire catback system, there was nothing they could or would do for me.
They make their pipes in house and still would not even consider pulling a set of tail pipes out for me.
They could only suggest having a set made at a shop that has a bender. Then I still have to deal with hanger placement and other BS that could easily be avoided.
This is not the biggest thing in the world, but still an extra step to have to deal with that could easily be avoided.

Keep this in mind when purchasing your exhaust system!!!

Think twice about Magnaflow. You better not ever need parts!!!

If I do buy another cat back system, it certainly won't be a Magnaflow.

I am open to suggestions.

Anyone have any connections at Magnaflow?

Anyone have Mario Andretti's e-mail address? HA!HA!

Dana

·
Registered
885 Posts
buy a set of dynomax tail pipes. they are mandrel bent and they are available with stainless steel tips. they are available in 2.5" and 3.0". you can buy these parts individualy. good luck. hope this helps.

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bryan,
Where wuold I find these pipes? Any suggestions?
Sounds like the solution to me.

Thanks,

Dana

·
Registered
885 Posts
dana,
i know napa sells them. i think jeg's or summitt sells them also. any place that sell regular walker exhaust parts should have a walker dynomax high performance catalog.

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm looking into those pipes now.

Thanks again,

Dana

·
Registered
41 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
They may not sell them to your personally, but I bet if you call some one that deals with Magnaflow I bet they can get them. When I wanted some Magnaflow mufflers JDM was able to get them for me if I wanted them, no problem. Call around is the best bet. -Mat-

·
Registered
352 Posts
You could talk to Larry ( Mofo ) on NLOC.NET in the supporting vendor's section. If he cant get you the pipes, no one can. He is VERY close with the people at Magnaflow. Parts should be avail seperately. You know how sales people can be sometimes. Goodluck.

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the informaton guys. What I am going to do is replace the entire system with a new cat back system. This is apparently the easiest way to go. I'm tired of argueing or debating with people about what will work and what won't and what might. This way I know all the parts will work.
I'll just sell the Cobra cat back as a complete unit.
Whoever buys the IRS may want it also.

Thanks again for all the input.

Dana

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have a set of Magnaflow tailpipes I'd be willing to sell - couldn't use them with my MM suspension.

I did re-use the polished tips, you'd have to get those separately.

If you're interested, email me or PM me.

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
snkypete,
Thanks.
Sent you a PM

Dana

1 - 12 of 12 Posts