Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has dyno comparisons for the magnaflow catback? How much you bought yours for and where to buy would really help out as well. I think that part number is 15644. I dont want the Magnapacks, those may be a little loud. Just that standard 03' kit with the 3.5" tips. Anyone that has installed them personally, how was the fit....any complaints?? I have a couple buddies with 03's and they have bassani's kit. I really like the sound, but I have to be a little different since there are only a few around our town. Sound clips would be a major plus.
Thanks, Andrew

·
Registered
521 Posts
We just finished installing the Magnaflow catback and JDM Shorty X(for headers) on a buddies car. Nice product. Install was a snap. Fit and finish were excellent. Tips look really good. We also installed a set of hi-flo cats. At idle, not much louder than stock, even with Kooks 1 5/8 headers. Get on the throttle, and the car takes on a whole new meaning. This is coming from a die hard Flowmaster guy. As for performance, someone else will have to chime in, or do a search here or over on SVTPerformance.com, which has numerous thread on this subject.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had my Magnaflow catback on for over 2000 miles now. If i remember correctly i picked up about 18rwhp? Don't quote me on it tho. The thing is..it's not made specifically for the 03, it's for the 01. The ones i've seen on the 03 or heard, either the left tip or the right will come into contact with the black out of the bumper and if you're not careful, will melt it. Mine happens to be the right tip.

03snake, no prob with either tip contacting the black out..or did u correct that?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have had my '03 stainless steel Magnaflow catted X pipe and catback on for 8,000 miles. Fit and finish is great, sound is great, definate SOTP improvement. I had no problems with my tips touching the bumper cover. I paid $745 delivered for the complete system. I have seen them for around $725 delivered since I purchased mine. If you are interested in where I purchased mine, PM me. I would list it here, but they are not an authorized vendor with this board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts