Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any body thinking of using their blower when ever it comes out?

·
Registered
375 Posts
If I didn't already have a Kenne Bell I would strongly consider this blower. I was at JDM pretty late one night and Jim had a lot of good things to say about the blower. I think a lot of it is supposed to be kept hush-hush though until they are done with all the testing. One of the guys on F150online has one(Suavy is his board name). He is planning on going to JDM this weekend for some more testing, I just might have to take a swing by and try and get some info. I think the best part of the blower though is the price. About half the price of a KB. -Mat-

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm familiar with suavy he lives pretty close to me have not met him in person yet from what he says on the other sites it looks pretty promising.

·
Banned
928 Posts
i wouldnt by any means get on the bandwagon yet, i have yet to see any results on a stock block at sane boost levels.

·
Registered
375 Posts
15PSI isn't sane boost levels>??? I have run 14-15PSI on my stock block for well over 10,000 miles now. It is all in the tune. -Mat-

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am not going to argue with you. Plenty of people run 14-15PSI all day long with no problems at all. If you have a safe tune you will have no problems. Good A/F and not a boat load of timing are key. Plain and simple. I am not saying 15PSI is right for everyone, but if you want the most out of your truck you will be fine. -Mat-

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've got almost 36k miles on mine, been overboosted for 25 of them. Gradually more and more (started with 4# lower, 5#, then 2.8 upper, then 6# with the 2.8 upper). About 10k miles in its current configuration and its made 17+ in good air. I just put longtubes on it though, and have only seen 15 so far (about 2500 so far)

·
Registered
375 Posts
workspowerontop said:
I dont know a single tuner that would recomend over 14 for a daily driver. Do you?
If that tuner knows what he/she is doing then they should have no problems with a customer running that much boost. -Mat-

·
Banned
928 Posts
mat its not about knowing what theyre doing or not, johnny knows what hes doing, does that mean i can run 22 psi on my stock truck?

·
Registered
375 Posts
workspowerontop said:
mat its not about knowing what theyre doing or not, johnny knows what hes doing, does that mean i can run 22 psi on my stock truck?
No! You will blow it up. That is not a sane boost level. But that is what Johnny runs on his HD truck with a stock block and a KB. I am also very confident that Johnny can make a truck last for a long time running at 15PSI. My tuner never said "don't do it." I guess we just have different opinions. There is no reason why a stock motor shouldn't be able to handle 15PSI from an Eaton with a good tune. Some guys run more then that without any problems at all. -Mat-

·
Registered
352 Posts
Its the heat from the overspun Eaton that puts such a strain on our Rods. I think its safe to say, over 450 RWHP, its just a matter of time before the bottom end lets go. The Suede got i dont know how many miles out of his KB setup on a stock block before it finally went. Sure, the tune has a lot to do with it, but the bottom end can only take so much for so long.

I want to see how the MP does on a stock block, basically modded truck that the most avg owner has. It makes power and sounds like the Whippled power Works M112. Like i had said earlier this year, thats what it is basically competing against.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think the Swede said he got 6 months out of his truck with the Kenne Bell. I know I am due at anytime, but I deal with that. I wouldn't turn down this power for anything. My truck hauls azz and I wouldn't want it any other way. Whether I am on borrowed time or not. :) -Mat-

·
Banned
928 Posts
Venomous Mofo said:
Its the heat from the overspun Eaton that puts such a strain on our Rods. I think its safe to say, over 450 RWHP, its just a matter of time before the bottom end lets go. The Suede got i dont know how many miles out of his KB setup on a stock block before it finally went. Sure, the tune has a lot to do with it, but the bottom end can only take so much for so long.

I want to see how the MP does on a stock block, basically modded truck that the most avg owner has. It makes power and sounds like the Whippled power Works M112. Like i had said earlier this year, thats what it is basically competing against.
man mofo its amazing how much knowledge you broadcast and how much actual experience you have.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts