Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok how did you guys run your lines?

1. Run all new lines to each caliper?

2. Replace the ABS unit with a proportion valve? Running new lines to the valve and using the stock lines from there back?

3. Another way?

Also when you bolted up your new master cylinder did you have to take the dash off to bolt on the adapter plate or can you reach to bolts from the underside of the dash...

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ran new lines from the master cylinder to each caliper. I also installed a porportioning valve, line lock and wildwood adjuster for front to rear distribution. Since I was running skinnies on the street all the time I liked turning the power down a little on the fronts so they wouldnt lock. I didnt have to remove the dash, and used the adapter kit made by accufab. The kit made by asp would not work due to a different bolt pattern. I also found it better to use a master cylinder out of a Ranger vs Mustang because the ranger has the lines coming out of the bottom vs side of master cylinder. Sorry this isnt the best explanation but Im on serious drugs right now and too lazy to proofread:vomit:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the Skinny Kid Racecars set up that somes with a mopar master cylinder. It comes with new lines to go to each caliper but I thought I remembered someone saying they just went to the ABS unit. Thanks for the reply though I guess it wont be that bad running new lines to all the calipers...

Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts