Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Randy,yes it was an ABS car..I took all of it out and ran new lines..It was easy,just time consuming.

Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did the same it's not too bad I just ran new lines from the master cyl. to the ABS unit and replaced the ABS unit with a proportioning valve... This is a nice way to clean up the engine bay. Not to mention losing 30+ pounds...

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can buy the plate from UPR for like $45 I think. They sell a kit too that has the plate and the master cyl. But the Master cyl. is a Napa cast iron POS!!! I bought a Wilwood Master cyl. for $100. Skinny Kid sells the kit for $189 with a Wilwood Master cyl.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I switched to manual steering. That is what caused the switch to manual brakes. The power steering pump runs the power brakes, so if you want to eliminate the P/S you lost the power brakes...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't count on getting the rack anytime soon. It's around $550 and it took six weeks to get mine. Flaming River is WAY behind...

·
Registered
289 Posts
What about plugging off the stock rack instead of replacing it? I know this was something done by the 5.0 guys back in the day to save some cash. Turning is a little harder than with a true manual rack but it did work.

Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not running a belt at all. Electric WP 16v battery, and COG setup...

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can run a 52" belt on it eliminating the power steering pump. It will reverse the water pump pulley rotation, and you can loop the steering rack lines.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How does it reverse the waterpump? Doesn't the belt go from the alt, to the PS, then to the crank? so it would just cut out the ps and run the same? Randy S and I talked about this yesterday maybe we had the belt backwards... Oh well guess its another reason to run an electric WP.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should be able to go from the alt. to the wp using the backside of the belt and then around the crank, and straight over to the A/C delete. You won't get alot of crank pulley wrap, but if you're not turning a blower, it doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts