Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plus back belt delete!!! was thinking about doing it and just decided to go for it.

I am weighing EVERYTHING. I mean I know what the diff will be when I tip the scale at NED but just seeing how close I can get to 3350 w/ me in it.

these weights are for EACH piece...and I weighed with all bolt/clips etc for old and new parts to be more accurate...

Front Cobra drilled/slotted rotors - 18.8#
Strange Pro Race front rotors - 7#
-11.8# EACH SIDE (+ rotational weight drop)

Stock shaved Cobra caliper loaded - 8.4#
Strange Pro Race caliper loaded - 5.9#
-2.5# EACH SIDE

Stock hub - ??
Strange Pro Race hub - 2#

Fox spindle (uncut) - 9.8#
Fox spindle cut -

Power steering rack and all lines/res - 33.6#
Flaming River rack - 15.8#
-17.8#

stock Master cylinder w/ booster - 17.4#
Strange Master cylinder - 3.6#
-13.8#

belt and pullies removed from back belt - 8.4#
-8.4#

Stock water pump - 3#
Meziereelectric pump - 5#
+2#

Stock brake and clutch setup - 8.4#
new Mach 1 brake pad - on the way...

so far looks like a total of 66.6#s off the nose alone (yikes...666!!!). should get me to about 3385 w/ me in it and a full bottle. I got a few other things to do too for another 5-10lbs I hope... and then a new trans...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I take it you had already removed the ABS pump? Do you recall how much it weighs?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Good info Jake. So did you remove the power booster after you took those pictures??

--Joe

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it you had already removed the ABS pump? Do you recall how much it weighs?
I did....It was....wait...I have it sittin here....

(goes away for a few minutes)

the abs pump is 10# w/ the bracket

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info Jake. So did you remove the power booster after you took those pictures??

--Joe
I did...took the pedal assembly out along with the booster.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Good info!

I know a guy that will take that heavy ass 4r70w off your hands!:dunno2:

·
Registered
354 Posts
good info for sure, i will be doing this my self once spring comes along. 66# pounds is not to bad. i thought it was going to be more actually. i know removing is pretty easy, but you think the install is going to be hard?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good info for sure, i will be doing this my self once spring comes along. 66# pounds is not to bad. i thought it was going to be more actually. i know removing is pretty easy, but you think the install is going to be hard?
the pedal assembly was a pita....if you have a friend thats small like under 170lbs itll be easier!!!

install of the brakes should be easy....only have to plumb lines form the master to the dist block right under it.

water pump was easy.....rack will be easy....Ill post up some more weights when I cut the spindles for the brakes and a couple other things and post pics of the progress this weekend

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
That is gonna make a huge difference Jake. That thing is gonna fly fo sho. Can't wait to see it. You going to a 3 speed auto now?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is gonna make a huge difference Jake. That thing is gonna fly fo sho. Can't wait to see it. You going to a 3 speed auto now?
66lbs isnt much but its all from in front of the firewall so i hope it helps out.

yea...the trans should drop about 40-50lbs too...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
66lbs isnt much but its all from in front of the firewall so i hope it helps out.

yea...the trans should drop about 40-50lbs too...
Yeah, but some of it is rotational mass which acts like more weight. I think it's gonna help more than you may think. With your new power, I'm thinking at least 10.20's with no gas and maybe even quicker than that. 10.20's is a conservative estimate. Just have to get the perfect air on a hookin track.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, but some of it is rotational mass which acts like more weight. I think it's gonna help more than you may think. With your new power, I'm thinking at least 10.20's with no gas and maybe even quicker than that. 10.20's is a conservative estimate. Just have to get the perfect air on a hookin track.
ha! thanks!!! we will see in a lil more than a month!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
ha! thanks!!! we will see in a lil more than a month!
You need to move down here. You can race all year round. We've got law enforcement down here too. LOL!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You need to move down here. You can race all year round. We've got law enforcement down here too. LOL!
haha....yea I know....this snow stuff is killin me!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Good stuff boss man! I am in the middle of a mad scramble to get mine ready for the 20th at MIR. Good luck with it you will be about 100 lbs lighter than me and thats with a bar.

Let us know how it works out!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good stuff boss man! I am in the middle of a mad scramble to get mine ready for the 20th at MIR. Good luck with it you will be about 100 lbs lighter than me and thats with a bar.

Let us know how it works out!
20th of March?!?!?! you suck!!!! Im hoping to be together for April 1st for when the track opens up here!!

whats your goal?? still uppe ronly?

·
Registered
798 Posts
20th of March?!?!?! you suck!!!! Im hoping to be together for April 1st for when the track opens up here!!

whats your goal?? still uppe ronly?
Yeah will see about the weather. Supposed to snow again on the 14th.

No real goal just trying to go faster than my previous best. It would be really nice to go faster than Almo did with his upper only car. And yes still upper only with the stock un-ported eaton, and stock front end with coil overs.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah will see about the weather. Supposed to snow again on the 14th.

No real goal just trying to go faster than my previous best. It would be really nice to go faster than Almo did with his upper only car. And yes still upper only with the stock un-ported eaton, and stock front end with coil overs.
nice man...didnt drop any weight from last year??? i think Almo was like 33xx w/ him in it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts