Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the Marauder motor uses the same heads as the '03 Cobra? What about the internals? I'm looking at buying one to put in my '88 coupe. I also wondered if a Cobra intake would fit since I plan on supercharging and the Marauder intake inlet is on opposite side. Any input would be appreciated. Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes the Marauder heads are the same as the '03 Cobra heads, and yes you can put an '01 Cobra intake on instead if you want. I would suggest buying a Mach 1 intake ovver a Cobra one though as they are thought to be better but no hard data yet. You also may be able to just swap the upper part of the manifold with a Cobra or Mach 1 one, and keep your lower one as it is the same as the Mach 1's. I don't think you will have any problems with the fuel rails but you will need to mess with the throttle cables and all the upper intake stuff as you are moving it to the opposite side. Or you could just wait and hope someone comes out with a blower kit specifically for the marauder and save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

Pete

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Mach 1 lower intake is the same as a 01 Cobra lower intake. I think that the Maruader is differant, though I will look up the part #'s next time Im at the dealer...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the 411, I think the Mach/Marauder motor would be a great starting point since I don't have 10g's for the Cobra motor I really want. Thanks again fellas, Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts