Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new here and i have a 96 mark viii with cams and exhaust. it currently has a 4r70w but i'd like to swap in a t-45. my question is if anyone has done this sorta swap? and what exactly i will need i.e. parts and will i need to flash my ecm to switch to standard instead of auto. im kinda lost i have the general idea of parts just not particulars to bring it all together so any input would b greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have not read the CV thread, however the Mark VIII is on the same chassis as the 89 - 97 Thunderbird/Cougar. I believe it has been done. You should check out TCCOA where a few TBirds and Cougars have had it done. You need to look into how it has been done on the 94+ Thunderbird/Cougars as your Mark VIII will be exactly the same...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have not read the CV thread, however the Mark VIII is on the same chassis as the 89 - 97 Thunderbird/Cougar. I believe it has been done. You should check out TCCOA where a few TBirds and Cougars have had it done. You need to look into how it has been done on the 94+ Thunderbird/Cougars as your Mark VIII will be exactly the same...
+1 Tccoa.com has many people who have done the five speed swap. Be prepared for some work though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah it's been done. You will need to move your PCM use sc clutch pedal assembley and extend the shifter housing 3-4 inches I beleive. And you will have to use an older trans in order for your speedo gear to work properly. And obviously you need the appropriate clutch components

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was under the impression that you needed the later mustang (S197) manual trans. Otherwise you have to set up a linkage or extend the earlier transmissions some how. I only recall seeing it one time on some random site awhile ago and i can't remember where or any of the details. I'd love to see one completed and looking like it was factory though. I love Mark VIIIs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts