Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of the guys that have done their own tune with the KB superchargers, what is the most psi you have managed on pump gas? Also, has anyone relocated the IAT to behind the supercharger to log the air temperatures?

I have someone that is about to go to a KB, solid axle, and automatic. Should be fun :)

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
It will largely depend on the tune if im not mistaken. You can rrun higher boost on pump gas but you end up retarding timing to prevent detonation. From what I have seen 17 or so PSI seems to be a good street number for pump gas.

As for putting IAT sensor behind blower, Im not very familiar with the srew type blowers but I dont think its possible, doesnt the blower match right up to the heads?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking 17psi would be possible. It does largley depend on the tune, but if the aircharge temperatures are too high then you have to retard timing so much that you loose a lot of the power you gained with the smaller pulley.

I haven't actually taken an 03 cobra apart, so this KB install will be the first. I know on lightnings there are very tiny intake runners that connect the intercooler to the intake ports on the head. If the 03 has somthing like that, I'd like to locate the IAT there. Not only would it be cool to know the real intake temps, but the EEC will better calculate spark.

Brian

·
Registered
57 Posts
boost on pump gas

We have successfully run 18 lbs. on pump gas, but you have to be real careful with your timing curve and A/f. Joe

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, that is exactly what I wanted to know! Do you know about how much RWHP you were making with 18psi on pump gas?

Brian

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't the '03s have 2 IAT sensors. One before and one after the IC core? I think you should be able to know your "true" intake ait temp from the IAT2 reading after the IC.

Kevin

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I was thinking with a catted-x, cat back, CAI, aftermarket throttle body and a KB at 17 PSI you should be near the 600rwhp, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Magic maker is there a special reason you are using a Metco 6# lower and 3.5" 5# upper instead of just going with a 2-3/4" 11# upper? I am guessing it has to do with slip just wanted to make sure.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Hey Brain, there is a second IAT. You'll see it, it's on the back/bottom side of the SC, drivers side. We can setup a table with a Fluke DMM. :)

Need help, support on the install?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet! I think there's a way I can take data thru the ODB-II port on that. I just never realized there were two!

I'll call you when the install starts. We really need a video of you and this car running down the track togehter. Did I mention it's a blue 03?

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Whatever happens, I'm saying I won! That back left bolt sucks ass. Prepare to cut an allen wrench. :mad:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well if we get a video, no one would ever know. You could say "the blue one won"

So do you have a cut allen wrench I can borrow LOL.

I was going to program your PATS codes tonight, but it turned out that hickok sent my service card in spanish. I should have an english one by wednesday. DOH!

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Friday?

·
Registered
57 Posts
BJ; we did use the pulley combo to eliminate belt slip, Hp is in my sig. Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts