Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats the max boost that the stock pi intake can handle before it will crack? Should i upgrade for 10-15psi or will it be able to handle it fine?

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Soooo.....what will make it crack is his question.

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
A nitrous backfire will make it crack. I've ran over 20psi with no intake issues on a PI.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A nitrous backfire will make it crack. I've ran over 20psi with no intake issues on a PI.
Thanks thats what i needed to know. Actually mine cracked today under 10psi of boost, but i have the old version as mine is only a 2000. I did not get the aluminum passage, The intake cracked and coolant went everywhere i was hoping it wasn't cause of the boost.

·
Registered
492 Posts
ya i think i might just do a bullitt intake for mine when it gets boosted. ive heard they respond to boost better than the stock plastic ones. and ive also already had probs with my stocker.

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
ya i think i might just do a bullitt intake for mine when it gets boosted. ive heard they respond to boost better than the stock plastic ones. and ive also already had probs with my stocker.
You have better options than the bullitt intake now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
well it just depends on what price i can get the bullitt intake for. if i can get the bullitt for a couple hundred than that aint bad for it. if not then the trackheat from tf

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
well it just depends on what price i can get the bullitt intake for. if i can get the bullitt for a couple hundred than that aint bad for it. if not then the trackheat from tf
Also got to factor in what your want for what you need as a good upper intake with a stock bottom. Will do more then wonders for most people's daily boosting needs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts