Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally raced my buddy with his 98 cobra, all stock except for flowmasters and k&n intake.i had him a car and a half till 90 and he caught me like no tommarow at 105 i was 1 car on him and at 110 he had me a car and we stopped, is my car running ok or should i be faster. i think im going 4.10s and a jms chip opinions please.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You should have had him with no problem. As I said in your dyno poll post, you need to have your chip tuned. Around town, and on the highway, I have never had any problems with 96-98 Cobras, usualy 2 or better car lengths at or above 90. Specialy if they are stock, or close to it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would think you should have pulled him more than that. You should keep up with him if your car was stock itself.IMHO

Brandon

·
Registered
307 Posts
huh? you should have cut his throat given the mods in your sig.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i raced a 96 cobra from about 40 and beat him by a 1 1/2 cars till about 75 then he caught me and all i have is 3.73 gears, intake, pulleys, and i cut off my mufflers. all he had was flowmasters.

·
Registered
227 Posts
with gears, exhaust and pullies i ran a 98 cobra on a niiice straightaway and smoked him. i ran into him a few hours later on the base and he said he didnt understand why he got dusted so bad (it was several cars). we did it from a 60 roll and i buried the speedo...(for the first time)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hell, any 99+ stock 2V should take any stock 96-98 stock cobra. If your matching the other guy in mods, the 4V may add a little more on than the 2V, but we still have the better numbers overall :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts