Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am almost ready to fire up my full sequential meagsquirt setup I just have to set up the ignition and timing in the MS3ProEVO. Can anyone provide any guidance in regards to Ignition setup? I have selected toothed wheel, Cam Input CMP, and then for trigger wheel arrangement do I select dual wheel with missing tooth? 36 tooth 1 mssing Tooth 1 angle BTDC 80*

Does this sound right?

Is one cam sensor a primary bank for synchronizing with the cam?

Thank D

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,524 Posts
There are a number of excellent videos on YouTube from DIYAutotune that show how to do what you are trying to do. If you search on the ModFords site you will find the original MS3Pro PnP thread with the links in it. The thread is named NEW PnP EFI Release for Terminators and SN95 Vehicles. At the bottom of post #1 you will find two links. The first is the how to install the MS3Pro and the second is the actual ECU set up and startup of the engine with the newly installed MS3Pro. The Pro and EVO use the same technique.

In the start up video you will see, around time stamp 7 mins, the base timing technique you will need to master for your install and first start. I recommend watching the entire video because it has a wide range of topics you will need to address and they are handled very well in the video.

Your question about bank synchronizing with the cam is a process / technique I am unfamiliar with. I would recommend searching on YouTube for more information on this particular techinique / process. I have never heard of it and definitely never done it before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a number of excellent videos on YouTube from DIYAutotune that show how to do what you are trying to do. If you search on the ModFords site you will find the original MS3Pro PnP thread with the links in it. The thread is named NEW PnP EFI Release for Terminators and SN95 Vehicles. At the bottom of post #1 you will find two links. The first is the how to install the MS3Pro and the second is the actual ECU set up and startup of the engine with the newly installed MS3Pro. The Pro and EVO use the same technique.

In the start up video you will see, around time stamp 7 mins, the base timing technique you will need to master for your install and first start. I recommend watching the entire video because it has a wide range of topics you will need to address and they are handled very well in the video.

Your question about bank synchronizing with the cam is a process / technique I am unfamiliar with. I would recommend searching on YouTube for more information on this particular techinique / process. I have never heard of it and definitely never done it before.
Thanks Ed. I have done quite a bit of searching and reading, all that said I will watch this video and do some more research. Once I get this sorted I will report back and update the thread for future reference.

D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts