Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my METCO billet idler set installed last night and I have to tell you, Ron and Aaron hit a home run with the final version of the kit. Many of you remember a while back I posted a few pics of the prototype but this final version is wayyyyyyyy nicer... Top notch people and a top notch product...

METCO has the kits ready to ship !!!

For those who think I'm involved in any way with METCO in a business deal, you are sadly mistaken... I just love the products they put out plus they are good people.:D

I'll let the pics speak for themselves....

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
IMO, like the stock look better. Looks to be nice quality though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sweet looking and Nice Wrap! BTW, What size blower pulley is that?

Great pictures, thanks for posting!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Obiefox...

Obiefox said:
What size blower pulley is that?

Great pictures, thanks for posting!

Kevin
The pulley is a Razors Edge 2.84" which I polished to a mirror finish... I looks even better in person. I will be taking the polishing wheel to the idler pulleys and base in a few days... It should add a little more show to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where can you buy a Razor edge pulley?? Do they offer different sizes? Has metco updated there website yet?

Price on Metco kit, does it include all 3 pulleys and for how much?

Thanks

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
JC,, looks nice.
I went with the BilletFlow pulleys and Idler.. Doug is a regular here and has done right by us.
The Metco stuff looks nice also.
cool we have both of them making idlers and pulleys ;)
Helps keep the prices under control..:D

jim v.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fearbluer1 said:
Where can you buy a Razor edge pulley?? Do they offer different sizes? Has metco updated there website yet?

Price on Metco kit, does it include all 3 pulleys and for how much?

Thanks
Here is the link for Razors Edge. Ask to speak to Paul, he will take good care of you!!!

http://razorsedgemotorsports.com/

They have an interchangeable upper kit with a 2.77 and a 2.84 pulley for a very reasonable price.

I don't know if METCO's site is updated but give Aaron or Ron a call and they will take good care of you... Price on the kit I believe is in the $170 range for the idler kit and either $44 or $49 each for the sepparate bottom idlers. Get the prices directly from them just to be safe... The quality of the kit is really awesome !!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jimmy !!!

Jim Vaccaro said:
JC,, looks nice.
I went with the BilletFlow pulleys and Idler.. Doug is a regular here and has done right by us.
The Metco stuff looks nice also.
cool we have both of them making idlers and pulleys ;)
Helps keep the prices under control..:D

jim v.
Jimmy:

I do like Dougs products too... I really believe that competition is great for us all. The products I've seen from Billetflow are very well made (even though I don't own any of them), I just know from first hand experience that the METCO products I have are of excellent build quality. Maybe some day I'll break down and get one of Dougs TB/Inlet tube combos !!! I just need more money...:D

Take care,

·
Registered
440 Posts
How many bolts hold the bracket.

Tough Choice,
Metco Or Billet Flow, I have bought both products and both have good products and service.

I really like the wheel look of the Billet Flow and that Metco Hard Anodizes the wear surface.

Can someone post photos of the bracket?

Help, I am wishy washy!

Mike69440

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: How many bolts hold the bracket.

mike69440 said:
Tough Choice,
Metco Or Billet Flow, I have bought both products and both have good products and service.

I really like the wheel look of the Billet Flow and that Metco Hard Anodizes the wear surface.

Can someone post photos of the bracket?

Help, I am wishy washy!

Mike69440
Mike:

The support bracket is held in place by two bolts... I will try to get some more pics of the bracket this weekend when the freaking rain stops !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
JC, looks good! I am probably going to go with a Metco 4# lower so I may stay with them for the idler kit. I know this is not an issue for some (everyone has his/her own opinion) but I would like to keep the pulley guard to maintain some degree of the stock look. Is there anyway you could modify the pulley guard to work with the idler kit?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts