Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In God We Trust
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally got around to picking up another set of DR's since the BFG 18's wore out! Picked up the 315/35/R17 MT Street Radials R2 compound and took a tour of the building. It is their corporate headquarters and the warehouse is amazing! They are the last tire mfg to still produce all of their tires in the USA. They had some pretty nice prototype aluminum skinnies also!

Anyone try this new tread design yet? They explained that their is nothing different about the tire except for the tread design so that they are better for rain conditions.

I still need to mount them up to the new rims I bought so I won't know for a little while anyhow b/c of the salt still sitting on the roads up here . . .

·
Registered
115 Posts
From what i was told they give you a little more traciton on the street.. I plan to get them for the Cobra for street use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like them, the grip is much more than the Nitto DR's. Its about the same from a nitto to MT as it is from a regular tire to a nitto....pretty crazy. I haven't been in standing rain but I have been on the street when wet and with just wet pavement they are fine.

They also seem to have a pretty stiff sidewall for a DR, there is no floating at higher speeds like the nitto.

Pretty impressive tire and they are a "wide" 315. It almost seems like my car is slower, I'm used to all the spinning, now it just gets up and goes...I need more power!!!

·
In God We Trust
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what i was told they give you a little more traciton on the street.. I plan to get them for the Cobra for street use.
No difference in traction b/c it has the same R2 compound as the original style just a different tread design to channel the water better b/c of the size of the tire.

I was just wondering if anyone had this exact size and what the verdict is on them? . . .

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am going to need some new tires soon and was looking at these same tires. Right now I have 305/35/18 nitto DRs and they suck, but at least they last for awhile. I would like to have something that hooks a little better but don't necessarily want to buy new ones every year. I have 335 Hoosiers for the track, so I don't HAVE to have something that hooks, but would like it. Has anyone had these long enough to tell about how many miles they would be good for?

LT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts