Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my package of MIL eliminators from Steeda.
Installed the right side one (blue), but the purple (left side) would not fit.
Upon closer inspection, the MIL elim's that were sent are identical.
However my O2 sensors are not.
Did I get 2 of the same side and maybe they should have sent one for each side?
:confused:
Guess I'll call Steeda tomorrow to find out.

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
126 Posts
on the passenger side you need to alter the mil a little bit(break a piece off)it should of said that in the instructions but steeda sucks on explaining things sometimes.the reason you need to do this is because it dosnt matter which mil goes were so it saves them time when the make them to have one design instead of side specific mils.

·
Registered
131 Posts
that is correct i thought i had a wrong one too

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess the instructions would have said something.......too bad I didn't get any!!! :(

So I can "break" the tabs off the sensor and it will fit in the MIL Elim. and work properly? :confused:

Well I will try that tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the advice!
Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys were right.
Steeda said there should have been a label or some instructions with the kit to cut the "ears" or tabs off one of the sensors so it will fit.
When I told them that I didn't see any label or instructions, they just shrugged it off.

So tonight I will finish the MIL Elim. install along with my UPR off road X-pipe! :D

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
126 Posts
let us know if they work,mils are notorious for being defective,it took me 3 sets to get a good pair.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hooray! :D
That tip worked! Cutting the tabs off the side of my purple oxygen sensor allowed the MIL Eliiminator to slide into place.
I zip-tied both together to the back of the previous h-pipe mounting area. Nice and clean install and more importantly it is out of the way!

Now my next dilemma.....
That O/R X-pipe is L-O-U-D !!!!! :(
My MAC cat-back was relatively tame until I stepped into the throttle.....now it is extremely loud all the time!
I guess it will grow on me.....I must be getting old! :D

Thanks for all the advice guys.
Looks like I was lucky cause so far no check engine lights !!

Cheers,
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Even without the mil elims, it may take a few weeks for the MIL light to come on. Sometimes if the rear O2s are bad, the mil elims will not work. And, yes some of the mil elim packages have instructions, some don't.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:damnit
Got into car today to drive it to work.
Check Engine Light came on within 2 minutes.
Would not go off. I turned car off and restarted and the Light still stayed on!

So how can I check to see if 1 or both of the MIL eliminators may be bad? :confused:

Did any of you get a warranty replacement from Steeda?
Or am I stuck with this?

PO'd,
Ryan

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey i had the same problem. check your code to see if its bank 1 or 2 and thats how to determine which one is bad.i told you mils suck !!!!! took my 3 sets to get it to work. call steeda and they will switch it for you.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:confused:
Well I went out and bought an OBDII tester ($160.00!!!) :(
It is NOT the O2 sensor like I thought.
I got the code - P1151
Now I know the p is for powertrain....but not sure about the rest of the code...any thoughts?

By the way - I erased the fault codes and the CEL went off. I drove the car for 45 minutes and the MIL/CEL never came back on. I tested it again and my tester read "PASS - no codes".

Any ideas?
Ryan

·
Registered
126 Posts
no codes=ok

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe it may have been caused by my engine running a little too lean.
I was told that running my timing at 16* may have caused it. It's been like that for over a month however........:confused:
Anyway, I backed it down to 14* and will try that.
I have been told that these engines typically don't like over 12 degrees of timing and that anymore may hurt horsepower....is that true?
I would think that like all engines it would be specific to each one...how it is built...etc.

Ryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts